commercial for Madeira's Island Sailing Week. shot on a 5DmkIII ML raw

Started by fanan7, November 04, 2013, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanan7

Hi, this is my first post here on the ML forum.

This is a commercial I directed and DP'd a few months ago. It was a big risk using the ML raw module but in the end it was worth it! The additional dynamic range and sharpness put this little camera in a league of it's own... I absolutely love it!

camera: 5D mkIII w/ ML raw module / gopro3 black edition for the underwater shots
lenses: Nikkor Ai-s 24mm f2.8; Nikkor Ai-s 50mm f1.2; Nikkor Ai-s 85mm f1.8; Canon L 70-200 f2.8 IS; Canon L 24-105mm f4
CF cards - 2x Hoodman Steel 64GB 1000x

post workflow:RAWMagic > DaVinci Resolve Lite > Final Cut Pro X

actingnurse

Did you find yourself having to dump footage constantly running 2x64G cards? Did you have any down time while you waited on them to dump? I honestly cant afford to buy two 128Gb cards, but may be able to pick up a 64gb here and there...

arrinkiiii

ItsMeLenny

Impressive.

Side-note: There looked like there were a couple of major wedgies there.

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Borzacch

fanan7

Quote from: actingnurse on November 05, 2013, 11:04:58 PM
Did you find yourself having to dump footage constantly running 2x64G cards? Did you have any down time while you waited on them to dump? I honestly cant afford to buy two 128Gb cards, but may be able to pick up a 64gb here and there...

not really... I dumped everything in the end of the day. 64GB goes a long way if you carefully plan what you need to shoot and stick to it. i wouldn't use RAW for something like doco work though...

fanan7

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on November 06, 2013, 03:28:54 AM
Impressive.

Side-note: There looked like there were a couple of major wedgies there.

lol... yes there were (and I had to leave most of them out of the final edit but I kept them for my own personal amusement... loops, that sounded kind of creepy!)

thanks!

5D3shooter

At :14 seconds, the girl has some sort of scar on her arm.. I wonder if you could've spot healed that out since shes not really moving.  Not a big deal and only someone like me would notice it, but it would be cool to try--in terms of utilizing the power of RAW video.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: 5D3shooter on November 07, 2013, 04:24:44 AM
At :14 seconds, the girl has some sort of scar on her arm.. I wonder if you could've spot healed that out since shes not really moving.  Not a big deal and only someone like me would notice it, but it would be cool to try--in terms of utilizing the power of RAW video.

Funny cuz I thought the same...I'm sure it is possible!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

mageye

5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

jose_ugs

Good job, cool grade!
Don't know about the scar, but you should've spotted that lens/sensor spot @ 1:20. Probably, @ at least 2 consec. shots, makes it even more "persistent"...

s---70

good video, you can tell that Raw made a difference in the colors! Also the image is really sharp

rsousa