Player UI proposal

Started by stevefal, October 29, 2013, 08:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevefal

This implies an architectural leap with respect to LV_info, or it could be a one-off:

(from discussion at http://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/b3824ccc0ca4ef492fed7a19c5e7573894790d07#comment-511173)
Steve Falcon

stevefal

In this mode, INFO could also provide a verbose overlay with bunches of MLV metadata.
Steve Falcon

stevefal

Delete button - should obviously have confirmation dialog. Must be disabled while playing.

Steve Falcon

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

stevefal

You're welcome. Tall video:

Steve Falcon

g3gg0

should the symbols be rendered as bitmaps or as font icons?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

stevefal

I would recommend font icons. I think A1ex wanted to move everything, such as tab icons, to fonts. But I have had no response on moving the font stuff forward.
Steve Falcon

g3gg0

okay then i will design it to use strings instead of symbols, which is also a bit easier.

Muf

The use of the backspace icon for delete bugs me. Why not just a stylised trash can?

g3gg0

same for me. maybe PC users are not used to such icons :)

steve, can you add those symbols if you have some time?

stevefal

I kept away from the trashcan because ML uses to enter/exit ML. I'll keep thinking about this.

I'm happy to put in the icons, but can you convince a1ex to format the font files for me? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8142.msg79851#msg79851
Steve Falcon