Hello From Corvallis, Oregon

Started by mranch, October 15, 2013, 10:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranch

I've been shooting a Canon T3i for a year or so and just the other day discovered Magic Lantern. Wow, how cool !! I installed the Raw Module today and am ready to learn how to use this all !! Looks like there is a lot if good info on this forum, which is good! If there are any useful sites that anyone can point me to, to help with the learning curve, that would be awesome. In the mean time, carry on!!

Bob

ItsMeLenny

For Raw video you may want to review this chart.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ2MOkAZTFHdFFIcFp1d0R5TzVPTVJXOEVyUndteGc&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Basically says the max speed you can get is 21MB/s. Mac resolution 1728x1156 (this is the whole screen, so the same image what is recorded with h264, but it looks better). However on max res you'll only get short bursts of video. For shooting continuously in Raw you'd want to use a res of 960x540 at 24fps. There's other numbers in that chart so you should defs take a look.

mranch

Thanks for the reply! Nice chart. Someday I hope to upgrade to a full frame! Someday!! I've been ready the forum all evening and again this morning. Wow, what a wealth of info!! The ML community is just awesome.