Installation PicoC

Started by cervenak, October 14, 2013, 10:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cervenak

Hello,
could someone place here detailed tutorial how to install PicoC on camera. As I found. There are few possibilities how to achieve this

1. Night Build
As A1ex wrote one way is to simply instal Night build ML which include PicoC. I have done it BUT Nigt Build (14.10.2013) does not have any Script menu on my EOS 600D (Just Modules menu instead). Could someone explain what is wrong. (Not supported camera? Not right  Night Build?)

2. Compile PicoC from source code
Im not so skilled to make it without tutorial and I didnt found any. It would be nice to provide it or at least show the way where to find it.

3. Other
May be exist more ways how to load PicoC engine into ML. (Module, Plugin???)

Thanks for helping
Cervenak

dmilligan

picoC is no longer in the nightly builds, you'll need to find an old one that has it (try sometime around april).

cervenak

Thanks for partial explanation dmilligan.

Im not fixed to PicoC - it seems to me to be the best scripting platform for ML. I accept almost any functional scripting platform. Could you recommend me something functional and "live".

Second question. Do you know where to find older Night Builds with scripting? In this page I found latest (2013-08-22) night build. Or could someone share this build.

Thanks a lot again.

dmilligan

http://builds.magiclantern.fm

select the platform and then click "Show Older Builds"

If you know enough about coding to write a script you can probably handle writing a module. There's enough bolierplate/example code out there it should pretty easy to get started. The caveat is that you have to get the compiler up and running, but that's not terribly difficult. See this thread, or I have script for Mac that will set everything up. Also, there's no documented API, you kind of just have to find the functions you want to use yourself and figure out exactly what they do.

Or you can patiently wait until a1ex revives scripting support, it is on the todo list.