Windows RAW Workflow Help/Guidance Needed.

Started by joeyxoto, October 06, 2013, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyxoto

Hey all, new to the forum and hope to be of help to others one day and make some cool friends.

I had a question about a windows workflow. (I'm not very technical just so you're aware)

Here's what I'm doing right now:

1. Record RAW
2. Convert to DNG
3. Creating Proxies/Reel names in Davinci Resolve & adding Hunter's LUT
4. Exporting DNxHD 444 to use with Premier Pro

...and I'm hitting a wall here. Whenever I import the new DNxHD into Premier, the clips are just blank white screens. No video... I have installed the AVID codecs to allow me to use DNxHD, but am having no luck in actually getting the videos to play in Premier.

Could somebody shed some light?

The problem I'm having really is that I can't render out to ProRes from Davinci (on Windows), so I've noticed some folk rendering DNxHD and tried that - which is working in the sense that Premier imports them... but when playing the files, I get the white screen. So I'm stuck.

My specs:
Windows 7
i7 processor with 16GB ram
GT560 Ti Graphics Card

Would really greatly appreciate any help. Loving the quality on RAW and can't wait to use this on some client work.

Joey

reddeercity

If you have After effect, import dng
There and adjust export to QT or AVI
Also get the AJA codec, there are better
Intermediate then DNxHD

robert.roth001

I had some really really weird experiences when exporting with Resolve. If I do ANYTHING else when exporting I get frames that aren't graded, lines on the footage, and all kinds of other different problems. What I suggest is try a slightly less intensive version of DNxHD and once you hit start job (or whatever that button is) just don't touch anything until the render is done. If that works I'd then try a better version of DNxHD and see if that works, up until it's just too much for your computer to handle. I'm honestly not sure if that'll do it considering your problem, but maybe it's worth a shot? It's the best I can suggest.

Also, just for fun try exporting in something other than DNxHD and see if that works. If that works but all flavors of DNxHD don't, then you know it's a DNxHD problem, but if no other codec works, then you know it's a Resolve problem.

painya

In nine days you will be able to import DNG's into PP. Hopefully that helps:)
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.