[IMPOSSIBLE] Mirror ALWAY up

Started by TLSA, October 01, 2013, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLSA

Hey guys.
OK so this is my 1st post here. I was shooting Canon for years and then in 2010 went the Nikon route. I am now back at Canon with the main reason being ML.
I was wondering if if would be possible to get the mirror fixed in the up position when shoot timelapse - in other words the mirror stay up and only the shutter open and closes.

Joe

a1ex

Yes, but the only solution I can think of is hardware (e.g. remove the glass from Mosaic AA filter and then stick the remaining frame inside).

mageye

I thought that mirror lockup does that?
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

TLSA

Hey - thanks for your reply, I was thinking since the mirror can go up before the shutter opens, that it's possible to do that with software. I thought maybe one can just have software that tells the mirror not to come down until you press a button again. But that is me, what do I know about writing software. Was just wondering if it is possible.

Joe

wolf

Try to enable silent pic in the shoot menu.