misaligned branch destination

Started by stevefal, September 22, 2013, 03:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevefal

This happens occasionally when I merge the main repo into my fork at http://bitbucket.org/stevefal/magic-lantern-rawrec-cropmarks. It's happening again as of today when I merged 4b3129d and 35 commits behind it:

magiclantern.bin: 425560 bytes
[ CC       ]   reboot.o
/var/folders/2g/_y7xb5b53735j6886z2zxb740000gn/T//ccStxfiE.s: Assembler messages:
/var/folders/2g/_y7xb5b53735j6886z2zxb740000gn/T//ccStxfiE.s:17: Error: misaligned branch destination
make[1]: *** [reboot.o] Error 1
make: *** [5D3] Error 2
falconmacbook::steve [magic-lantern-crop]$

Any idea what's going on?
Steve Falcon

dmilligan

did you try make clean? I've also found that occasionally a change in the main repo actually breaks a build for a particular camera, (sometimes on purpose, see the new memory backend thread), esp. for the "alpha" cameras like 5D3

I've actually started checking that the main repo compiles itself before I merge it with my fork

you should also check the merge itself and if someone changed the same file you did, hg assumes that things on different lines in the same file don't cause conflicts and won't flag a conflict but automatically merges the files (which btw is a very good reason to use the "one true bracket style" which ML does not), but they might still be incompatible changes (for example if somebody changed a macro you were using), although in that situation you should probably see compile errors, not something like this.

stevefal

Yes I did make clean, and the main repo builds ok for me. I haven't made any changes outside raw_rec.c, except removing the truncate "-s" parameters in makefile.src, and that change works for me in the main repo. I'm not even building modules in this case, so I'm at at loss. It built before the merge.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Steve Falcon

Audionut

What about merging the the repos from the web interface at bitbucket.  Then hg pull/update your repo.

dmilligan

I'm not sure what -s supposed to do, but maybe you need the gnu version of truncate that allows -s. Or maybe it's some non gnu version of another comand line tool you're using that works slightly differently that the gnu version

stevefal

Quote from: Audionut on September 22, 2013, 06:53:13 AM
What about merging the the repos from the web interface at bitbucket.  Then hg pull/update your repo.

This is how I normally merge, and did this time as well.
Steve Falcon

stevefal

Quote from: dmilligan on September 22, 2013, 07:00:16 AM
I'm not sure what -s supposed to do, but maybe you need the gnu version of truncate that allows -s. Or maybe it's some non gnu version of another comand line tool you're using that works slightly differently that the gnu version

My truncate has been working, but I'm willing to try anything. Can anyone post a blessed version of truncate for mac?
Steve Falcon

Marsu42

Quote from: Audionut on September 22, 2013, 06:53:13 AM

+1, after some hickups with manually pulling trunk ml and then pushing to my own repo, I do it the other way around like Audionut described.

stevefal

Yes, I do it like Audionut described too. Problem still unsolved.

Problem solved. It all stemmed from have the wrong version of truncate tool that didn't support the '-s' parameter.
Steve Falcon