Help needed on mark III installation

Started by neom315, September 26, 2013, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neom315

Hello all

im newbye here, i have tried to go trough the post, but i am a bit confused so someone would be that cool to help me out on that.

I have being trying to install the august night build to test the raw feature of ML, i have "prepared" the sd card with eoscard to be bootable after i had activate trough the .fir the bootflag option, now problems starts.

during the installation of ML i got "sd card test failed, dont use sd card with the 5d markIII" and ML doesnt install, i had then the take the battery off and so on to be able to use the camera.
so now i have two questions

1) does exist a way to disable the bootlag without giving it to canon?
2) why the hell i got this message in first place? the card as being readed and was working with ML 2.3 before activating the bootlag.

Maybe someone can be that kind to help me out
thank you

neom315

p.s. in both cases i meant Bootflag of course :D

RenatoPhoto

1. No
2. Maybe your SD card is damaged.

Using a card reader do a format to fat32
Put the card in the camera and turn it on
Your camera should boot normally to Canon
Now format your card with camera
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

neom315

thanks for the info, i will try today to get a new card and see if it giving me same problem, i have try already to format the card outside the camera enviroment and seems not freezing anymore, now lets see if i can have Ml to work.