install ML with Kompubay CF 128 gig

Started by cinemartin, September 12, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinemartin

Hi Guys
I bought a Kompubay  x1000 CF 128 GIG to use as raw video option.

Previously, I installed ML  on a scandisk 16 gig 30mb/s then a manage to use ML on my 5d m2 and it works fine.
However, I tried to format a my  new Kompubay cf 128 gig using Eoscard software, however  I put the card on the camera and didnĀ“t  boot  or even recognize as an update firmware ML. What can I do to solve this problem?   Thanks for your help, Toni.  :)

Danne

I think there, s a thread a thread about about somewhere. I think there was a problem with 128gb together with 5d mark 2 and magic lantern

cinemartin

Really? please let me know where I can find this thread. Best Toni

1%

Use another card to run the .fir file... format the 128gb as fat32 and set the boot flag... add autoexec.bin/etc.

cinemartin

how do I set the boot flag? where? Thanks Toni

RenatoPhoto

This is the way to set the flag on the card:

When you use EOScard make sure that:
1. You have the necesary files in the SD card: *.fir file (only if you need to set the bootflag on that camera; this process to be done only once), autoexec.bin file, plus the ML directory.
2. The Utility recognizes the card by identifiying it in the box next to Refresh.
3. You select the EOS_DEVELOP  check box
4. You select the BOOTDISK check box
5. Under Content, make sure EOScard recognizes: DCIM folder, autoexec.bin file, ML folder, and if required (to enable the boot flag on camera) the fir file.  When EOScard recognizes all of those files it should give you a check mark or something like that.
6. Press the Save button.
7. Look on the bottom of EOScard and should give you a confirmation that the card was written, ie. write successful.

I recently read about another situations with the newer EOScard utility in which the automatic function brought the files to the SD via internet connection.  I am not familiar with this function but Pelican seems to more about it since he created EOScard utility.  Anyway the issue was that EOScard utility had downloaded some files plus there were already some files in the card, the user noticed that in the fir file area it showed like 2 files so the user had to select the correct fir file for the EOScard utility to properly prepare the card! One of the files was for Mac and the other was for windows.

Also on most cameras, except 5D3, if you enable the camera bootflag via firmware update, and then do it again you will be disabling the bootflag.  It is and ON-OFF process, so if you have a camera working and set the camera flag using the *.fir file you will be disabling the flag in the camera and ML wont start.

So remember to make a card bootable use EOScard utility, and to set the camera flag use *.fir file and do the firmware update.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X