Boston Sunset Timelapse

Started by dmilligan, September 15, 2013, 08:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmilligan

Shot with Auto ETTR and Post Deflicker. Interval time 30", max shutter 20" (to give post deflicker time to work). This is the first time I've had any luck with using auto ETTR with the intervalometer (I'm much more in favor of a carefully planned manual expo ramp, which currently isn't really possible with ML), and I still had problems. Auto ETTR does not adjust aperture (correct me if I'm wrong), which really needs adjusting when going from full daylight to full darkness. I tried manually adjusting it myself in between shots but it caused ML to crash and I had to quickly restart the camera, to keep the sequence going, fortunately you can't really tell where this happened. All that being said, I am happy with the results, though I'm not sure they would translate to a more difficult scene or more drastic transition.

(Also, the second, dimmer moon is actually just a reflection on the window I was shooting out of)

a1ex

Can you find a way to reproduce the crash?

(I also adjust aperture manually)

dmilligan

I could not reproduce it and no crash log, which is why I didn't report it specifically as a bug, may have had something to do with corrupted presets, or my own mistakes. I run from my own builds and I don't always bother to delete the MAGIC.CFG, also I had been getting some ERR 80s earlier, I think b/c I copied the wrong autoexec.bin or something, or perhaps I didn't update some symbol file. So I did a clean rebuild of everything, and all seems fine.

I have tried it with basically all the same settings (IIRC) and manually changing the Av worked fine.