New short film "Familiarly Alien" shot on 550D (and A57 for slo-mo)

Started by cbmk, September 14, 2013, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbmk

This spring I shot my first short film on the 550D (with ML of course), called "Familiarly Alien". Unfortunately this was about a week before ML raw became usable, so it is shot in h.264, which I sort of regret when doing effects work in post. Anyway, it is meant as an experiment to find out what I can accomplish with an extremely low budget and (a bit too much) use of greenscreen, and at the same time making something more exciting than random action scenes completely without any plot.

In short, it is about a guy whose brother is abducted by aliens, and he has got to save him. Because I don't really have much experience with making films, I figured out the script would probably suck anyway, so I filled it with silly clichés and illogicalness, hoping that would make it more interesting. Also, there is only one actor for the three roles, which should make everything a bit stranger.

I have finished the first trailer, but because I really have to learn most of the software I need to use as I go, I can unfortunately not say when the film will be finished, although I am hoping it will be sometime  near Christmas. I hope you catch interest in my project, and I would highly appreciate advice and comments on what I have so far made. If you are interested, I will post here whenever something exciting happens.

Link to Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FamiliarlyAlien