What am I missing?

Started by lostatsea, September 13, 2013, 03:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostatsea

So I installed ML on my Canon T2i 550D. I have done everything I'm suppose to (at least I hope so). I added these files from the download:

autoexec
550D-109.fir

And all the sub-files in the ML folder that came with the download.

I load it, the green screen comes up, tells me ML is updated as well as the Canon firmware.

But I think I'm loading the files wrong, and I've tried looking for a solid answer but can't find any. Am I suppose to keep all the subfolders that came with the original, or am I suppose to take everything out and put it in the root? I'm assuming my problem is that its not reading the files, its seeing that I want to load ML but its not taking in the settings.

Any ideas?

RenatoPhoto

The directory structure should look like:

DCIM  <---- Canon Dir
MISC  <---- Canon Dir
ML  <--- Magic Lantern Dir
autoexcec.bin
xxxx.fir 

Note that the xxx.fir file is only used once to set the bootflag.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

deletedAcc.0021

Did you press the trashcan button to go into ML?  Or the info button to bring up the ML overlays?

lostatsea

I re did everything and this time it worked. The first time It never did anything, but I did press the trash can button and everything popped up.  :)