I need a flash advice

Started by Brawl, September 11, 2013, 12:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawl

Hello, I hope you can help me. I have some hours to decide. I have to choose between a Canon 7D used (10'000 photos) with 2 batteries, one third used party battery grip, 2 cf cards 16gb at 730 euros.... or a canon 600D new with 18-55 at 420 euros.

I wish to know if it'is worth to spend 310 euros difference to take the 7D instead of the 600D.

I need the camera to shoot videos like short films and maybe ("long films"), spots. for professional use. But I have not so much money.

310 could be used to buy Arri lights for example.... I need lights to learn how to light.... (I'm studying).  I do not know what to choose.

I wish to know if 7D is sharper than 600D or are the same considering that (if I'm not wrong) they have the same sensor.
I wish to know wich is the max clean Iso (with or without ML) for 7D and wich is for the canon 600D considering professional use.

The pro of the 600D is the 3x crop zoom that destroy -any aliasing-. Do the 7D have some similar implementation with ML?

With my budget I could buy (2 options).

Canon 600D + 18-55 + sd card, new
Sachtler ACE new
Arri lights (only one Fresnel 650w or 1000w).

or

Canon 7D used + 2 cf 16gb used + 2 batteries and one third used party battery grip
Sachtler ACE new

I have really a few hours to decide if you can help me my gratitude is very big! thanks! :)

maxotics

No matter which camera you buy, you will need to spend either $65 for 16GB 1000CF card for the 7D, or $65/32GB SD card.  The 7D will shoot at basically 1729x972 and the other at 1280x720.  It sounds like you can't afford a serious setup, so don't kill yourself over this.  Getting  a good wide angle lens, for crop, will cost you the same price as everything else.  I'll let others weigh in on the other issues.   With its CF card, I believe the 7D is the better buy if you're serious about RAW.

1%

If you're not doing raw, the 600D will make better H264.

Brawl

Quote from: 1% on September 11, 2013, 12:49:30 AM
If you're not doing raw, the 600D will make better H264.

thx, with what config the 600D will make better than 7D in H264 please?

Quote from: maxotics on September 11, 2013, 12:39:51 AM
No matter which camera you buy, you will need to spend either $65 for 16GB 1000CF card for the 7D, or $65/32GB SD card.  The 7D will shoot at basically 1729x972 and the other at 1280x720.  It sounds like you can't afford a serious setup, so don't kill yourself over this.  Getting  a good wide angle lens, for crop, will cost you the same price as everything else.  I'll let others weigh in on the other issues.   With its CF card, I believe the 7D is the better buy if you're serious about RAW.

Got it, and this is not the only problem. The problem is that after this buy I'll be not able to do buy other things for a long period. So I should do my best with this budget. :P

I have "painted" this image, it looks that 7D is really close to full hd. but will this be enough for serious filmmaking and spots?
http://s17.postimg.org/oicdhvudp/image.png

edit.

please can you tell me wich is the max ISO usable for 7D (for professional use) and wich is for 600D? It's ok also the magic lantern ISO if it improves the image quality (I wish to install it).

Thx for help and any other suggestions! :)