600D/T3i - ML Menus In Ver. 2.3 Question

Started by tetsusaiga, September 11, 2013, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tetsusaiga

Hi:

I just joined this forum but have downloaded ML Ver. 2.3 for my 600D/T3i last year. 
Only until now did I have the time to test the video aspect of my DSLR and the features offered by ML ver. 2.3.
While looking up video tutorials, I noticed that other peoples T3i ML has certain options that aren't in my ML version.

For example, I was watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-l30b3rS0.
If you fast forward to 2:45, this tutorial shows the following options: Live view, Exposure, Movie, Shoot, Focus, Display Tweaks, Play, Config, Power, Debug, and Help.

As another example, if you fast forward to 1:26, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pinm2hRAb5Y shows a menu that is very different to my ML ver. 2.3, and it has a lot more features that I don't have in mine.  For instance, audio feature.

However, in my ML ver. 2.3, I do not have the above bolded options.  I have every option except the bolded ones above.
I was wondering whether I download the wrong ML for my 600D/T3i?  Or did a new version of ML come out for the 600D/T3i?
Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Also, I saw a tutorial about shooting video in RAW with a 600D/T3i using ML.
I assume that the RAW feature people are using on their 600D/T3i is not part of ML ver. 2.3 right?
I think I read somewhere that this RAW feature is still in the testing phase.
Can someone please confirm this?

Lastly, I'm a beginner to photography and shooting videos with a DSLR.
Can someone please explain to me the difference between shooting in RAW and H.264?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  And thank you to the ML team for making this firmware.  It really increased my interest in shooting photos and videos.

N/A

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

tetsusaiga

Thanks for the link.
I'm very new to DSLRs and shooting photos and videos so a lot of the discussion in that link is incomprehensible to me.
Would it be possible to answer my questions directly instead of providing me a link.
I really new help and I want to learn as much as I can.
Thanks.

N/A

2.3 is a build from roughly a year ago, there have been several 600D builds since then. The link I posted is for the raw video version, but also has good features for h264 as well. That version will give you the most up-to-date raw and dual iso features. Read through the thread I posted and it should answer most of your questions about raw video.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

tetsusaiga

Hey, thank you very much for responding to my questions, I really appreciate the help.
Are the builds from the link you posted stable builds and will ML make a ML ver. 2.4 that will include these features some time in the near feature?
I really new to using DSLRs and I want to make sure that I start learning about my camera using the right firmware.

tetsusaiga

Hi, I finally found a video tutorial on how to install the other features not offered in ML ver 2.3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoKrQK9EF0

A few questions.  I downloaded the build that has the ML RAW feature for my 600D/T3i.  I noticed that magic zoom doesn't work when I'm trying to set my focus end point.  I believe magic zoom worked prior to me installing this build.  Can someone let me know how to get magic zoom back when I'm setting my focus end points using the new build.  Thanks.

tetsusaiga

can anyone help me out with this issue pls?