Aspect ratio without RAW?

Started by kenneett, August 31, 2013, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneett

Have ML come out with the modification where i only can adjust aspect ratio on my camera? I know that i can adjust aspect ratio in RAW mode, but it would be cool to only record where i can choose the aspect ratio and get the typical .mov format on the video. Have this been made on ML?

AdamTheBoy

One possible work-around is you can use the overlay to put the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen when recording h264.  Using this cropmarks will help you shoot for the aspect ratio you desire and then in post you simply cut off the appropriate amount from the top and bottom.

drapeama

Maybe you'd want to check these two other topics, in which I've explained more about using Cropmarks in which I've included some of the cropmarks I'm using myself (link to the 2013 updates cropmarks), and why it's better to work with non-cropped videos.

Hope it'll help you!
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

kenneett

Thaks! Drapeama, where do i phut this in the ML folder on my memory card?

drapeama

Quote from: kenneett on September 01, 2013, 07:15:52 PM
where do i phut this in the ML folder on my memory card?
Sorry for the late reply,
There's a "Cropmarks" folder in the folder structure when ML is installed on your card. Then, you can put up to 9 cropmarks in that folder. Otherwise, it won't work as there's too much cropmakrs tha allowed.
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]