Pro Tools users that also use DaVinci Resolve

Started by 5D3shooter, October 14, 2013, 01:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5D3shooter

Have you noticed that after you install DaVinci Resolve that the Avid Core Audio Manager stops working?  I've restored OSX multiple times and tested my findings and found that the Core Audio Manager starts to crash immediately after installing DaVinci Resolve.

I found a thread on BMD Forums where a guy was having the same problem and discovered it was linked to "Postgresql."  This post was from 2012 and received no response from BMD.  I'm having this problem now too and it happens with the latest Resolve version 10 also.  This is really unfortunate because I want to use Resolve to work with my 5d3 RAW footage, but I don't want to give up my Avid Core Audio Manager.  For those who may not know, Avid Core Audio Manager is the application that allows you to use your audio interface for system and application audio when you're not running pro tools. For instance if I want to run Logic Pro and use my Avid interfaces for my I/O I will have to use the Avid Core Audio Manager to achieve that, but after installing Resolve 9 or 10...CRASH CRASH CRASH, nothing works.  Need to restore OSX to get back functionality. 

Here's the link to the post where the guy had figured out what was causing the problem:
http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11533

If anyone has any idea of what we can do to fix this, let me know.  The poster of the thread I posted suggested that perhaps the "Postgresql" database could be updated, but I have no idea if this is possible.

The only solution I have come up with is to boot from a seperate HDD just for DaVinci Resolve, but this is really impractical and they should just fix their app IMO.  Unfortunately BMD isnt respond or acknowledging this issue. 

Thanks