Canadian Maritimes in the raw

Started by Ian, August 31, 2013, 04:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Well after all the help from noisyboy and co, I finally have something to show for it. I hope you like it:

Shot during a 4-week car tour of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and eastern New Brunswick (Bay of Fundy). A Canon 6D camera was used in movie mode and with Magic Lantern`s new Raw Video capability. On this camera Magic Lantern cannot record full raw HD continuously. So the music piece "Time" by Hans Zimmer was chosen to fit the 5 second or so movie clips. You will probably have heard this music before, so not very imaginative on my part, but the piece is still wonderful, and does justice to the Maritimes.

arrinkiiii

fpena06

vnguyen972

Love my EOS7D!

tonybeccar

Beautiful!!! Did you use a VAF filter on the 6D??
Cheers!

davidjm

Ian

Yes Tony. Which for a keen time lapse photographer like me is not really optimal. No doubting the quality of the video image with the filter. But I found myself taking fewer still images and time lapses because of it. I don`t like exposing the sensor to dust by repeated removal and reinsertion of the filter but there`s no way around it. I console myself by remembering that on paper at least the 6D has a slightly better still  image quality than the 5d3 (with the latter`s built-in anti-aliasing filter), although I think they call that rationalizing one`s purchase.