5d2 modules from latest NightBuild and [modules].zip different sizes. Expected?

Started by l_d_allan, September 14, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

After unzipping the 5d2 NightlyBuild and the [downloads\20130913_5d2_Modules_f5c083059e9b].zip, I was somewhat surprised to see the file sizes of each of the .mo modules were different. My expectation was that they were the same files with the same file size. Also, I thought WinMerge would report them to be identical.

Is this expected? Is the difference more than just a time-stamp?

Also, I'm curious about:

• Why one .zip has ALL-CAPS for the file-names, and the other has all lower-case. With Windows o/s, I suppose it doesn't matter.
  • What the .EN files are for in the cameras flash-card after ML has run. They seem to have zero length.
  • autoexec.bin files were the same size, but WinMerge reported binary differences. Expected? Timestamp?
  • Now that the NightlyBuild.zip has a complete set of modules.mo (including DUAL_ISO.mo), what is the purpose of the .zip from downloads?

Audionut

Module size will change for different modules, and also as the underlying code has been changed.

Don't worry about the other changes, MD5 checksums will change for any modification to the file, including timestamps.  The different capitals will (probably) be nanomad tweaking the build bot.

.zip is the cleanest solution afaik.