650D / T4i Realistic RAW on SanDisk Ultra Class 10 (red one)

Started by divxclub, August 27, 2013, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

divxclub

Hi guys, believe it or not just 2 days ago I find out about ML and on same day I find out that H.264 is not really good way to record. I always tough that my camera have the latest and greatest and videos look super nice, that was before I learned about RAW video. I mean I knew my T4i using H.264 but i was thinking it's best quality possible. Anyhow now I see that RAW just blows away my H.264 but again it's 10mb/sec vs 130mb/sec so gotta be good , even if we take just mb value footage should be 13 times "better" But here is my question guys. What's this RAW do for me if I can't record it. I do understand ML for t4i is in alpha but when it's all done my high end sd card can't do better than 38MB/sec anyway (according to benchmark from ml within camera). Realisticly speaking what I can expect when it's all done and we have stable version ? You think we'll be able to do 1280x768 RAW or no way ?

Thanks !

Walter Schulz

Slightly off-topic: 1280x768? Why not HD standard 1280x720?

Ciao
Walter

SDX

You can get a card that is as fast as you want. The limit is and will always be the camera. And afaik the 650D does only do 45mb/s max. Buying faster cards is a waste of money.
Lets see how it will go with compression in future - maybe is the answer.
And time will show.

divxclub

Walter my bad totally 720. About fastest possible SD card, you saying it can go as high as 48 , and well my card is ultra and it's only 30 MB/ sec and if this can do only 30 I guess other will be slower, so I don't see how this is waste especially with cards cheap like that, anyhow I am just asking because isn't there is similar camera in terms of sd controller and processor inside camera with stable ml build ? Or this is new controller and cpu and no other cameras that currently supported by stable build can be compared that's all.

nanomad

The 45/48 limit is in the card controller mostly. I'd buy either a 45MB/s or a 90MB/s card (the latter just because it's more future proof) from a reputable brand
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5