Highest usable 1080p Framerate?

Started by Zao, August 24, 2013, 12:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zao

Does anyone have any methods for getting the most out of the FPS override in terms of overcranking? Please don't just say the cameras don't go over 30p... or that you get 37 displayed but you haven't ever tried it... I've searched a heap but can only find posts where people state a rough figure ie 35/37fps but never actually say if they've tried it or how they did it.

I'm keen to hear if anyone has actually utilized this and what your techniques were?

I know the highest FPS Override gives is 37.8fps. The only way I have been able to get this on my t3i is with global draw off, video hacks on, and liveview off in powersave after 5 secs. The safest (without jello) framerate I can get up to is 35.5fps, with global draw off, video hacks on, and live view on. I'm using a Sandisk 16gb 45mbs. Perhaps a 95mbs card would yeild better results? Or do the SD write speed limitations apply here?

Is there a way to turn liveview off as soon as you hit record? and leave the VF active? That way you could still see what you are shooting. Also I wonder if it would be possible to use small hacks without turning on raw video?

Would be awesome to be able to shoot 36fps for music videos etc.
5Dii/T3i & a few super taks

g3gg0

Quote from: Zao on August 24, 2013, 12:09:49 PM
Is there a way to turn liveview off as soon as you hit record? and leave the VF active?

if you can explain how a dslr works, i bet you will overthink this idea.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Zao

Quote from: g3gg0 on August 24, 2013, 12:48:46 PM
if you can explain how a dslr works, i bet you will overthink this idea.

Oh lol I see now... mirror goes up to expose the sensor?

Just been using the bitrate build of tragic lantern and it seems to be able to shoot at 37.8 with LV on, at higher bitrates even. Awesome!
5Dii/T3i & a few super taks