6D v1.1.3

Started by justinr, August 22, 2013, 03:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinr

Hi all,

I have used the search function but can't find a definitive answer! I have a 6D running software v1.1.3 and am wondering which version of ML is best to install and if there's a step by step guide anywhere on the forum for a newbie such as myself ;)
Appreciate any help in advance
many thanks
justin

painya

I too would like to know where to download the ML firmware for the 6d.
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

1%

I bet you guys looked real hard.

justinr

In fairness I did! The only version of ML I can find on the ML site is version 2.3 and it doesn't mention support for the 6D. My camera is running 1.1.3 and I only want to know if version 2.3 is compatible with 6D running 1.1.3

If it's so easy to find using the search would you care to provide a link?

Magani

I guess that makes three of us because I also cannot find a definitive answer, and I also have looked.

At the bottom of the Home page it states:

Supported Cameras:

5Dc, 5D2, 5D3, 6D, 7D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 500D (T1i), 550D (T2i), 600D (T3i), 650D (T4i), 700D (T5i), 1100D (T3), EOS M, 100D (SL1)

However, on the Download page, it confuses the issue (at least to me) by saying:

Cameras supported:

5D Mark ii 2.1.2
50D 1.0.9
60D 1.1.1
500D 1.1.1
550D 1.0.9
600D 1.0.2

No mention of the EOS 6D at all.

As a newbie to ML, having just purchased a 6D, I'm interested to look into its advantages, but am not prepared to proceed blindly when there are conflicting pieces of information about what is and isn't supported.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds,
Magani

1%

But you didn't search the forum.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3904.new#new

There is a whole new ports section. Only 2.3 is on the site and. Its beta/rolling release so not on the homepage.

Yuppa

The 5DM3 isn't listed, yet thousands are running ML on it.
The 7D isn't listed either, yet thousands are running ML on it.

How did they manage that?

Also, you're NOT supposed to run ML on a camera you just purchased, regardless of your ML experience level.  You're supposed to use it for ~6 months so you learn how it works front and back--then and ONLY then are you supposed to attempt ML.  That's so you're not back here in a week blaming ML for something Canon does!

Go enjoy your 6D AS IS for 3 to 6 months then come back and use ML with confidence.
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

1%

Well I hope they have used canon before... most of them are the same, if you used one for a while then you can use the rest.