Professional, Efficient, 50d Raw Worflow Inquiries.

Started by PR0M3THIANN, August 19, 2013, 02:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR0M3THIANN

Hello. Currently me and my crew have been shooting in the RAW format on the Canon 50d
DSLR Camera, that was allowed by the use of Magic Lantern's Firmware. I have a few inquiries
and would like to know some opinions. Currently we have the following as a prototype workflow;

RAW2DNG> Davinci Resolve,Pro-RES files to Adobe Prmiere>(Adobe link is
being used so there is no rendering back out of after effects to be brought back
into premiere) AFter effects for compositing> back to resolve for final grade>
then xml back to prmiere for final rendering.

Is this workflow even possible? if it is, is it efficient? what other worklfow patterns are inb fact possible or even more efficient?

reddeercity

Quote from: PR0M3THIANN on August 19, 2013, 02:51:17 AM
Hello. Currently me and my crew have been shooting in the RAW format on the Canon 50d
DSLR Camera, that was allowed by the use of Magic Lantern's Firmware. I have a few inquiries
and would like to know some opinions. Currently we have the following as a prototype workflow;

RAW2DNG> Davinci Resolve,Pro-RES files to Adobe Prmiere>(Adobe link is
being used so there is no rendering back out of after effects to be brought back
into premiere) AFter effects for compositing> back to resolve for final grade>
then xml back to prmiere for final rendering.

Is this workflow even possible? if it is, is it efficient? what other worklfow patterns are inb fact possible or even more efficient?

I my opinion  this is not very efficient.
i think you have too many steps here.
After you have converted to DNG's Why are you going in to Resolve> ProRes>Adobe PPro ?
shorten up your steps, bring DNG's into A.E. use ACR plugin do you work> xml to Adobe Ppro>
xml to Resolve etc....

Or i use a different Workflow,On my PC i extract Raws to
DNG's > Photoshop Per-Grade >export 16bit Tiff
Then On my MacPro Import Tiffs to A.E. Adjustments for the Color Space etc...
Export to 32 bit Float ProRes4444 , & in my case import to FCPX
I find if i do a pergrade , i don't have to spend any time grading down the line
"But each to there own"
:)