Need Help !!URGENT!! av video out

Started by Omega, August 15, 2013, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega

Hey there,

I need help with AV video out on my canon 50D, this is a little weird and I'm still unsure of the whole situation but please bear with me.
OK, I need to run AV, live video out from my 50D to a video switch deck, sounds weird I know.
I need no interface on screen, no focus box, nothing, i can't use live face mode as peoples face's may be detected.
I installed ML in the hope that this would remove it, which it did when not connected to av out.
However when I hook it up to my tv at home (via composite) to test it the live view still has the focus box (i've got a photo of my set up here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws5vovrn0djcues/photo.JPG).

other random info:
i've got the latest stable ML download and matching canon firmware
its for a concert my school is hosting and they want long shots so face recognition may be an option but *LAST RESORT ONLY!* as the camera needs to avoid a screen, meaning zooming in closer to all the action.
If there is a way with out ML to achive this i must have missed it in all my research but google has proven fruitless once again.

SDX

I don't know if the following setting exists on a 50D.
Prefs->Focus box settings->Auto Hide

Francis

There should be a clear overlays option as well somewhere.

Omega

Quote from: Francis on August 15, 2013, 06:28:54 PM
There should be a clear overlays option as well somewhere.
Quote from: SDX on August 15, 2013, 05:00:10 PM
I don't know if the following setting exists on a 50D.
Prefs->Focus box settings->Auto Hide

There is no option, i've spent all day going through settings both canon and ML, can you send a screen shot showing me where (i'm new to do that using ML).
i've got 2 new cameras to work with, a 60D and a 600D (don't have ML) and a 6D coming soon in soon.
the only way we can get rid of it is by turning on face recognition  but while filming some performances the camera will see enlarged faces on screen and the box appears and ruins the footage.
can i disable the box that appears around faces?

with the 50D i can get rid of the box in live view on the CAMERA'S screen but it still appears on the TV screen.