Advanced Bracket takes much longer than AEB in canon menu. workaround?

Started by renevg, August 15, 2013, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renevg

Canon 5D mII, ML 2.3
I like the possibility to shoot HDR with ML in photomode with Advanced Bracketing. But between the shots the camera waits 3 seconds! Using the canon menu AEB I usually all 3 shots are done within 1 sec. This is problematic for ghosting. Clouds, people etc have moved in the time ML sequence is completed. Is there a way that ML can shoot faster?

Audionut

dim

SDX

Setting the camera to burst mode could (and only _could_) make it slightly faster. Also, try nightly.
The thing is just: we can not make it as fast as the max. burst-rate since we can not adjust the exposure in between the shots.

renevg

When I use it for HDR in the canon menu I always set it to burst anyway: that way I can hold the shutter and it takes 3 shots in about a second. I found that Autodetect makes it slow. Setting the amount of frames to be taken by hand speeds up things considerable and is probably doable most of the time.

renevg

After some experimenting I got this: ONLY manual mode works when shooting HDRsequence (so photo mode). All the others like Av give you your set amount of images, but only up to EV -2 and +2. so a sequence of 9 images in Aperture priority gave me: 0EV -1EV +1EV -2EV + 2EV -2EV +2EV -2EV +2EV.
besides that: in Av mode I got metatags with Exposure Bias. In manual mode I didn't.