EYE FI card wont't work any longer / no boot at all

Started by julianserafin, August 13, 2013, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julianserafin

Hi there ...
Just in case I didn't make a proper search ... Can You please redirect me ?!

After having intstalled ML from CF !!! for RAW rec on 5dmkIII, everything went fine ... Suddenly I realized, that my EYE FI Card doesn't work anymore ... Went back to standard EOS FW ... both 113 and the newest ... Nothing better ... When inserting clean and working EYEFI into cam, cam won't boot ... No matter what I do ... Battery ejection puts no effect on the issue ... Even going back to ML doesn't change anything ... Does anybody around here experience s.th. similar ?

Thanks for help,

Christoph

EDIT by SDX: we don't like caps

SDX

Lets start in one end: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install#important_notes

Does the EyeFi card still work on a PC with cardreader? Do you have a SDHC or SDXC card in order to check the functionality of the SD-slot on the camera after this?

julianserafin

Thanks !

Card slot in cam seems to be ok. After inserting normal sd I had to remove the batt. once for making the cam boot properly ... The EYEFI card mounts normally on MacbookPro sd slot ... Inserting the EYEFI in 5D still makes it NOT BOOTING whatever I do ???

LG Christoph (wir könnte auch auf deutsch kommunizieren, wenn Du magst ?!)

SDX

Well then, no damage.
EyeFi cards and ML aren't good friends. They simply won't behave like ordinary SDs do. This issue has been around since EyeFi exists and is very likely here to stay (unless we or EyeFi come up with some exiting news to that regard :P).

On that note: EyeFi or ML, not both.

PS: Ich schreibe Englisch damit es jeder versteht. Leute mit selben Problemen, die die Suchfunktion nutzen sind oftmals nicht mit einem Wörterbuch ausgestattet ;)

Kent

EYE FI cards does not work after the bootflag i set on 5D3, if you try another non EYE FI card the camera will boot as supposed.
Since A1ex want the users to wait until it's safe to remove the bootflag you have to wait.
I took the risk and removed the bootflag and after that my EYE FI card worked again.
5D3 , EF 100 2.8L Macro, EF 24-105 4L, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 580 EX II's, RRS BH-55, Gitzo GT5532LS, Pixel King's, ZOOM H4N

Danne

How did  you remove bootflag Kent? Do you camera start instantly again when in sleepmode?

julianserafin

Hi there ...

Thanks for the replies ... My point is, that I never installed ML on the EYEFI ... (all my attempts where running from CF) ... It simply quit working on my 5DIII and is still bricking it when inserted  ... That's what I'm curious about ... any ideas ?

Best, Christoph

Kent

It does not matter, when the bootflag is on it refuses to boot when the EYE FI card is in, guess it tries to boot from
the EYE FI card and the card uses the boot sector for starting up wifi.
5D3 , EF 100 2.8L Macro, EF 24-105 4L, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 580 EX II's, RRS BH-55, Gitzo GT5532LS, Pixel King's, ZOOM H4N

julianserafin

Hi Kent !

I need the WiFi functionality ... So whta van I do about it ... I have to remove the "BOOTFLAG" ... ???
How do I do that ?

Best, Chris

brianlin0

I also encountered the same problem
Solutions like another article
Complete removal "ML"
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11171.0

Best Regards.,
Brian