Hello Everyone!

Started by Canon eos m, August 11, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canon eos m

Hi MLers,

I have been using ML for about 3 months.

Not from the film or photographers fraternity but just a novice trying his hand at new stuff!

By profession, I am a corporate lawyer from India currently posted to Singapore working with a large multinational in the telecommunications sector.

What I found when using ML is how quickly I get drawn to the technical side of things - as opposed to the creative side.

The enthusiasm of the entire developer & user community is so active and responsive it boggles my mind at how fast this platform is evolving.

Keeping up to speed with this interface is a challenge and fun!

I am lucky that I have the means to buy good equipment (and indulge a bit in buying odd things that I don't know if I will ever use). My go to cameras are the Canon 5D Mark III and the Canon EOS M. I also have After Effects CS6, Photoshop CS6, and Premier Pro CS6 in my tool kit.

The 5D is a warhorse and a rock solid companion. It never lets me down and is able to handle light like none other can. It has interface limitations that are now sorted by the ML firmware upgrade. The recent one was the ability of the camera to harness write speeds of close to 110 mb/s (CF + SD combined) when shooting RAW video! This is freaky!

I cannot make good film or photos yet from the nice things I capture. After watching 1000's of videos on how to color correct and grade films and make better pictures, I have come to the conclusion that it will come when it comes. Nothing gained from trying to hurry this stuff. The fun part is the learning curve. It gets steeper and steeper before it gets better. Don't have a dedicated workflow yet. But .... who cares!

I am kicked that I can understand a bit of the technical stuff; can load my own ML builds with ease; able to participate in forum discussions; and have fun at the same time.

All in all it feels great to be part of a great community.

Thank you all!

Tarun
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)