Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nautilus

I guess I didn't understand the whole thing. Do I have to repeat the whole installation process for each new SD card i plug in? Because I did everything and I can't seem to make ML run on my second SD card.

So let's say I format an SD card with ML files in it? Do I have to repeat installation again?
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

dngrhm

Quote from: Nautilus on October 09, 2013, 03:01:31 AM
I guess I didn't understand the whole thing. Do I have to repeat the whole installation process for each new SD card i plug in? Because I did everything and I can't seem to make ML run on my second SD card.

So let's say I format an SD card with ML files in it? Do I have to repeat installation again?
You have to set the bootflag on the SD card (make it bootable) using MacBoot or EOScard. Then copy the ML folder and autoexec.bat to the card. No formatting necessary unless you want exfat for files larger then 4GB.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Nautilus on October 09, 2013, 03:01:31 AMSo let's say I format an SD card with ML files in it? Do I have to repeat installation again?

a) If you format the card outside your cam: You have to make the card bootable again and transfer the ML files to it.
b) If you format the card inside the cam, you have two options:
Default: Format card and keep ML.
Alternative: Format card and wipe ML. If you do this and wish to run ML from this card after: Goto a).

Ciao
Walter

demetrisag

Quote from: davidtlong on October 08, 2013, 03:46:05 PM
I would assume that they are FAT 32 but I will check.  Can you help me understand how exfat would make a difference in write rates?

dave
I am not exactly sure mate, but it did help me,

spider

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 09, 2013, 06:40:21 AM
a) If you format the card outside your cam: You have to make the card bootable again and transfer the ML files to it.
Really? Maybe with this program https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ but for the OS formating tool it is new for me.

EstChris

Umm, can somebody tell me, does the AV cable audio monitoring works on 650D with ML? I mean for example when you film and connect AVC-DC400 (cable name) to the camera then connect your headphones to the AVC-DC400, can you hear the live audio from your mic (which is connected to the camera)?

davidtlong

Quote from: demetrisag on October 09, 2013, 07:51:32 AM
I am not exactly sure mate, but it did help me,

I am looking into the FAT 32 versus exfat formatting for the SD card and impact.  Does anyone else have an idea about this as I have not seen much discussion on this (besides file size increases). 

tx

dave

radioman193

AEB is BrOkEn............
it shuld take photos as Bright , darker,darker,darker,darker,darker .

But this is all messed up
it taken
Normal,Bright,dark,bright,dark,bright,dark,bright.

I have tryed
magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug03.650D104

And

magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct09.650D104

Walter Schulz

I run v2.3NEXT.2013Oct08.650D104 with 5 shots (M). All 3 sequence settings tested: Works just fine.
Default sequence is 0,-,+,--,++

Try resetting all ML settings, all cam settings, restart and test again.

Ciao, Walter

radioman193

dont know what to say........
thats what >I< get as you see.
Usen " 0,-,+,--,++ "
4 frames
3ev

Walter Schulz

You were using 0,-,+,--,++ and now you're complaining not getting 0,+,++?
Sorry?

Ciao
Walter

radioman193

Usen " 0,-,+,--,++ "
4 frames
3ev
I get just what you see Here

0,-,+,--,++  Even looks wrong............
and when i load the images with Photomatix Pro 4.2.7 it wants to set the EV as there is no if "Little" change in ev in the images .

why cant it be like all the Other cameras i own?

thay shoot
overexposed and down in Order .

just what is "0,-,+,--,++  " ?

it looks to me like this
0=Normal shot , -=Darker shot , += Brighter shot , - = darker shot , - = Darker shot , + = Brighter shot , + = Brighter shot   .

this is how it shuld be
This is AEB on my sx50hs

As you can see its In order and there is a change in the EV on eatch image.

Walter Schulz

Go to Advanced Bracket, press Q, goto Sequence, change to "0 - --" and please, please, please RTFM instead posting questions answered by RTFM.

radioman193

that Only shoots from the Normal exposure and down....

whats wrong with

+,-,-,-,-

overexposed down to whatever the stop is ?

Without haven to >manuallay< set it to overexpos and go from that point and down.

like just "Set and Shoot" .
I shoot 100's of cars a day and that way would take like forever as you would have to set the overexpos for Every car every time ..........

a Sample of my work......
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.512682282156211.1073741833.512368732187566&type=3

Walter Schulz

That's the way it works and I don't have any problems with DSLRs *not* working as P&Ss. What's your problem with 0,-,+,--,++? If it's unbearable: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=24.0

a1ex

First exposure must be 0 (can't change it).

radioman193

I just used the sx50hs as a example .

the t4i In camera AEB 3 shot is Normal
and the 60D AEB is Normal..
and in order .
but ok i will just send the t4i back as i cant do extended AEB with it.
as thats All it is used for.

Thanks ?

Unai

Sure it can, but I'm affraid you're missing a point. With the default setting (0,–,+,––,++) you end up with 5 shots:

0: normally exposed
–: darker than 0
+: lighter than 0
––: darker than –
++: lighter than +

jeffadkins51

Sorry, I wanted to delete this post but apparently I can only edit what I already typed, not delete. Don't mind me :)

blade

I love the Advanced bracketing,

I do sometimes get some strange results from the autodetect function. I would get 5 out of 7  photo's that are ok, and then 2 with the same exposure. However i cant reproduce it.

One thing that i would love is the implementation of a file prefix like in dual iso... that would help my workflow.

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

nanomad

Tip: create a new folder before shooting brackets. I prefer it to prefix which screws up the file sorting anyway.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

blade

Quote from: nanomad on October 10, 2013, 11:59:03 AM
Tip: create a new folder before shooting brackets. I prefer it to prefix which screws up the file sorting anyway.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a go.

I usually let LR  import my files, and i cant discriminate between folders. I could remove the files manually, of course.  As a midway option would it be possible to specify that advanced bracketing files should go to a specific folder.

That would eliminate the extra step in selecting the folder, turn on AVB and shoot a HDR, turn of AVB,  then select the former folder and shoot a normal shot.  You could just turn AVB on and off.

I would sill prefer the prefix, aldo it will screw up the sorting to some degree. As a sort my files in  year / month / day folders, I will have limited sorting issues with a prefix.

If the prefix could support its own numbering that would be awesome.. eg   

AB1_2511.CRW
AB1_2512.CRW
AB1_2513.CRW

AB2_2514.CRW
AB2_2515.CRW
AB2_2516.CRW

AB3_2517.CRW
AB3_2518.CRW
AB3_2519.CRW
AB3_2520.CRW
AB3_2521.CRW

edit-- typo
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

EstChris

Quote from: EstChris on October 09, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
Umm, can somebody tell me, does the AV cable audio monitoring works on 650D with ML? I mean for example when you film and connect AVC-DC400 (cable name) to the camera then connect your headphones to the AVC-DC400, can you hear the live audio from your mic (which is connected to the camera)?

So, noone can answer my question?

Kike

Here is my first test using RAW in the 650D. Hope you guys like it