Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rewind

Quote from: Aborgh on September 06, 2013, 11:18:54 AM
My pictures with dual iso came out super strange  :-\

Did you even read this post? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0
Do you even know, what dual ISO is and what it's EOS implementation is intended to? http://acoutts.com/a1ex/dual_iso.pdf

Come on guys, give some respect to developers, read and learn something before post messages like this.

Aborgh

Quote from: Rewind on September 06, 2013, 11:26:11 AM
Did you even read this post? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0
Do you even know, what dual ISO is and what it's EOS implementation is intended to? http://acoutts.com/a1ex/dual_iso.pdf

Come on guys, give some respect to developers, read and learn something before post messages like this.

I'm such a noob.... Thanks Rewind!

adrian2013

hello guys,someone can help me please were i can find  audio trigger ?

lucawen

Hey, who to use HDR and RAW? It is possible? HDR use Workflow whit virtualdub,etc... And RAW use Raw2DNG, help?
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

adrian2013

i have this issue on my display i have this error ISOless PH err(2) what shold i do

kazeone

Played with DualISO took just a couple photos, looks amazing after being processed, cant wait to really explore and learn everything its able to do.

minlite13

Quote from: adrian2013 on September 07, 2013, 12:08:16 AM
i have this issue on my display i have this error ISOless PH err(2) what shold i do

I just cleared all my camera settings and it got fixed. However I haven't identified the main cause of the problem so far.
Canon 650D 1.0.4 / EF-S 18-55 IS II + EF 50 f/1.8

a1ex

Maybe it has to do with something like long exposure or noise reduction or HDR settings?

midnite

Quote from: minlite13 on September 07, 2013, 06:40:21 AM
I just cleared all my camera settings and it got fixed. However I haven't identified the main cause of the problem so far.

i found a temporary solution for that problem. i just reboot my camera like 10times and 1/10 i got a clean boot with no errors while dual iso is active. but it is annoying as hell. i beg for a permanent solution. please.

minlite13

Quote from: midnite on September 07, 2013, 07:54:48 AM
i found a temporary solution for that problem. i just reboot my camera like 10times and 1/10 i got a clean boot with no errors while dual iso is active. but it is annoying as hell. i beg for a permanent solution. please.

Restarting the camera 10 times isn't a solution. (Despite the fact that I restarted my camera for like 20 times but the error was still there... ). And everything is the same when you boot up the camera, restart 10 times or 100 times. It must be something else that has fixed the issue for you..

midnite

Quote from: minlite13 on September 07, 2013, 08:02:49 AM
Restarting the camera 10 times isn't a solution. (Despite the fact that I restarted my camera for like 20 times but the error was still there... ). And everything is the same when you boot up the camera, restart 10 times or 100 times. It must be something else that has fixed the issue for you..

nope. sometimes i got clean boot after 10restart, sometimes 20. but in the end i always find errorless start. but i dont know why it is happening. i also deleted the files inside settings folder of ML and cleared my cameras ML settings, that didnt work too.

it goes away only if i got a lucky start.

adrian2013

thank you guys i fiind the solution must turn off dual ISO

X-STATE

Quote from: adrian2013 on September 07, 2013, 12:08:16 AM
I also had this problem. I corrected this error removing the battery for 5 seconds. Error disappeared and module began to work correctly. But the next time the error appeared again and the way described above doesn't help  :o
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

midnite

Quote from: adrian2013 on September 07, 2013, 10:50:15 AM

turning Dual iso "off" is a solution for "error ISOless PH err(2)"  indeed.

now, i have one (1) question:

how can i use dual iso while it is turned off?

demetrisag

Quote from: midnite on September 07, 2013, 01:54:27 PM
turning Dual iso "off" is a solution for "error ISOless PH err(2)"  indeed.

now, i have one (1) question:

how can i use dual iso while it is turned off?

With the power of your mind

Alquimia16

Dual ISO raw video is CRAAAAAAZY looks so nice :o

minlite13

Quote from: adrian2013 on September 07, 2013, 10:50:15 AM

You made my day man..

foorgol

I played around with dual ISO today and I also noticed the "ISOless...." error message. Whenever this message appeared, dual ISO didn't work, even if it was activated. Read: the cam took a normal picture.

More or less by coincidence I found out that the message did NOT appear and dual ISO worked like a charm if I started the cam in "P" mode. I tried it like 10 times or so and it was reproducible. On the other hand, if I booted the cam in A, T or M, the error kept popping up.

I used yesterday's build (Sep. 6).

Maybe booting in "P" works for you as well... Good Luck! :)

X-STATE

Quote from: foorgol on September 08, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
I played around with dual ISO today and I also noticed the "ISOless...." error message. Whenever this message appeared, dual ISO didn't work, even if it was activated. Read: the cam took a normal picture.

More or less by coincidence I found out that the message did NOT appear and dual ISO worked like a charm if I started the cam in "P" mode. I tried it like 10 times or so and it was reproducible. On the other hand, if I booted the cam in A, T or M, the error kept popping up.

I used yesterday's build (Sep. 6).

Maybe booting in "P" works for you as well... Good Luck! :)
Your method worked to correct the error. My algorithm:
1. turn off the camera in "M" mode
2. turn on in the "P" mode, and switch in "M" mode.
The error does not appear.
Not much is not convenient way, but I hope the developers will fix this in next builds.
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

thurek

Hi,
is there a way to activate the arrow key shortcuts? Some kind of workaround for the missing "disp" button? Thanks, Thure

nosemiguel

Quote from: thurek on September 08, 2013, 11:06:59 AM
Hi,
is there a way to activate the arrow key shortcuts? Some kind of workaround for the missing "disp" button? Thanks, Thure

Yeah, under the Prefs menu go to Misc Key Setting and turn on the LCD sensor Shorcuts. Now the LCD sensor on your cam (just on top of the viewfinder) does what the Disp button does in the 600D.

thurek

dsagilles

I've wrote a tutorial about processing RAW files with After Effects and Camera RAW, you can find it here :
http://www.gna-productions.com/tutos/how-to-process-magic-lantern-raw-videos

I've also done some comparisons between RAW and H264 with different picture styles this week, if you're interested here is the video :
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

30dbs

Quote from: dsagilles on September 08, 2013, 06:43:16 PM
I've wrote a tutorial about processing RAW files with After Effects and Camera RAW, you can find it here :
http://www.gna-productions.com/tutos/how-to-process-magic-lantern-raw-videos

I've also done some comparisons between RAW and H264 with different picture styles this week, if you're interested here is the video :

Great tutorial, and a nice video too, thanks

EstChris

First of all I must say thanks to all the developers behind the Magic Lantern! Wonderful thing which have made me love even more filmmaking than I did before! Raw and Dual-ISO functions are just awesome. As a filmmaker I am fairly obsessed with the audio so I'm hoping to see some audio modifications (on-screen VU meters, USB audio out) soon in the future. I know it's not your priority but it's good to see that it's in your to-do list! :)

Best of luck, guys!