Square format

Started by Sarahmercier, August 01, 2013, 02:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarahmercier

Hello!

How choose a square format with silent picture?

Thank you!

a1ex

With the crop tool in Paintbrush.

Sarahmercier

Hi !

Sorry but I think my question wasn't very clear... 

With Paintbrush I'll have cropmarks on my screen but not on the pictures taken.

I mean, how to shoot with a square format (that I can see in the screen) and how to record this photo in a square format directly on the card, whitout any postproduction and photoshoping after ?

Thanks !

g3gg0

i dont know how you could do that.
this is nothing ML is made for.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

1%

It used to work that when raw_rec was on silent pics would come out at raw_rec resolution. Then you'd have a 4:3 or whatever. Otherwise just crop it in post. You can also set raw rec to full size and use the grayscale preview to frame.

Sarahmercier

Thanks for your answers !

However with raw_rec, it will be a video, not a photo ; am I wrong ? And resolution is lowest I think.

Finaly there is maybe no solution for my question : I'll do it with Photoshop. If you have any other solution I'll be glad to try them !

Thanks again.

mageye

There are countless batch tools/techniques to achieve this. I used to use an Automator script in OS X to auto-crop & resize a whole folder of CR2 files for HD resolution.

What platform are you on? (Windows, Mac etc.)

Of course you can even do a form of batch cropping (or other actions) in ACR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPEeNaEOZCY
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7