Getting .MOV files when using ML Raw software on 5D Mark III and not the .DNG

Started by macvanp, July 27, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macvanp

Hi guys and gals, I am trying to successfully shoot RAW footage on my Mark III and get the footage from my camera to my computer.  My setup is a MacBook Pro with Retina and I am using the Adobe CS6 collection.

Every time I try to shoot video, the files are recorded as .mov files and not the .dng files that I keep reading about.  Is there some setting in the software that needs to be changed?

As you can imagine this is very frustrating.  I have watched numerous videos and tried to follow along the hundred of posts throughout this forum finding nothing to help me.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

stephenmick

It sounds like your camera is NOT using the RAW module when recording. If you installed ML correctly, you should be able to go into the "Modules" menu in ML and activate the RAW module. Then, in the "Movie" menu, you'll have to enable RAW recording, and select your resolution/aspect ratio. (Depending on what build you're using, your mileage/process may vary.)

See page 35 of this PDF...
http://www.dvxuser.com/guides/ml_raw_guide_5DIII_full.pdf

AnotherDave

You need to enable Raw video in the magic lantern menu.

Then your camera will start recording *.RAW files.

DL 'RAWMagic' (now free in the Mac App store), convert the .RAW files to .DNG sequences.

tmichael3

Hi,

I am having this problem as well. I enable HDR Video in the ML menu and the output .mov file is basically video file that flickers between frames alternating ISO. I keep finding tutorials everywhere about converting from .dng to a sequence abut not for a .mov? I have a feeling I'm missing something but I cant seem to solve this. Anyone who could shed some light would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TJ

bnvm

HDR video is not raw video. You need to go to the modules tab, looks like for squares, and enable the loading of raw_rec.mo. Restart your camera and go to the video tab and enable raw video.

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X