Resolve vs After Effects Export Speed

Started by pascal, October 27, 2013, 09:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pascal

Hello, I found Resolve Export speed is significantly faster than AE by around 300%. While I did not export to the exact same codec (I think), both were choosen to export the same DNG sequence to a 10 bit RGB clip (resulted same size) without effects applied. I enabled the Multiprocessing setting in AE and all cores work at full load, yet Resolve gets the job done faster. Is this common behavior or is there a way to level AE up?

Midphase

Resolve leverages the GPU when exporting, I don't think AE does that.

jonnyginese

You will probably find that your CPU is not at 100% with resolve because I'm pretty sure the GPU is taking care of it.

My laptop only has a crappy GT525m (96 cuda cores) but the CPU is an i7 quad. and I can encode at about 8fps in resolve with CPU at 30%, and I think that AE is around 2-3 fps and the CPU is maxed out.

I still need to test on my desktop which has a GTX 680 with 1536 cuda cores but a slower than the laptop (Core2Quad 3.0ghz) and see how that goes.  I'll report back when i test.
Cameras: 5D3 | 60D
Prime Lenses: Samyang 14mm 2.8 | 24mm 1.4 | 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Nikkor 105 2.5
Zoom Lenses: Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC | Canon 80-200 2.8 L