[IMPOSSIBLE] Shutter Speed during AutoISO range.

Started by Mario81, June 19, 2013, 10:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario81

Using A or P mode, with AutoISO enable, in dark condition the AutoISO begin to increment ISO and it keep inside the ISO range if the speed shutter decrease below a variable value (not by user :'( )  in according to focal distance.

With ML, it is possible modify this value/coefficient (also eluding the canon FW about the focal distance)?

Could be a revolutionary feature ;)

Mario81

Also if it will wontfix, is feasible?

eduperez

AFAIK, ML cannot (reliably) know the focal distance, thus I do not see how this could be implemented.

Mario81

I have seen that ML show the focal distance on display.
If I'm not mistaken, in Nightly Builds, there are funcionality that bypass canon limits.

I mean the possibility of adding (in whatever way) a shutter faster then current behaviour, fixed (present in 5DIII) or dinamic (as explain in my previous post).
I would like to use A or P mode to have variable speed (related to exposure) but never slow photo, also penalizing ISO.
I have a Canon 600D and generally use the Manual mode with autoISO. But in this case the shutter in fixed , not limited or dinamic.

g3gg0

Quote from: eduperez on July 03, 2013, 07:51:30 AM
ML cannot (reliably) know the focal distance, thus I do not see how this could be implemented.

exactly.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Mario81

Hi,

I have seen that my feature request about the shutter speed by distance focal is impossible.
Is impossible also to have a fixed shutter limit ?

Thank you