komputerbay cf crashes during benchmark.

Started by boosted03gti, July 19, 2013, 02:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosted03gti

hello,

long time lurker, first time poster. just received a 64gb komputerbay card and tried running the benchmark process but it crashes when attempting to write the 3072k buffer. it writes the 2048k buffer @ 106mbs and the 1953k buffer @ 88mbs. then when it starts to write the 3072k bufer at about 60%, the screen goes black and the light turns off.

i have it in photo mode with global whatever turned off.

new card or am i doing something wrong?
running v2.3.NEXT.2013June28.5d3113

TIA
Jorge

Redrocks

Benchmarks aren't everything, what kind of performance are you getting during recording?

boosted03gti

After about 55 sec of recording the camera stops, screens (LV & Top) go blank, and i have to press a button to wake it up. I guess i should contact komputerbay about a replacement.

On a side note, my sandisk extreme pro 16gb cf crapped out. camera cant read or format it. My pc doesnt see it in either my computer or disk management. Sandisk was so nice as to upgrade me to 32gb card for free.

Any info to suggest that ML can corrupt cards?

Andy600

Quote from: boosted03gti on July 23, 2013, 07:18:20 PM
After about 55 sec of recording the camera stops, screens (LV & Top) go blank, and i have to press a button to wake it up. I guess i should contact komputerbay about a replacement.

On a side note, my sandisk extreme pro 16gb cf crapped out. camera cant read or format it. My pc doesnt see it in either my computer or disk management. Sandisk was so nice as to upgrade me to 32gb card for free.

Any info to suggest that ML can corrupt cards?

Umm, maybe go into the Canon menu and change the auto power off mode  ::) It sounds like you have it set to 1 minute. Switch it off.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com