pc capture burst mode with manual trigger?

Started by waspinator, July 18, 2013, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waspinator

Hi,

When using my camera (Canon 60D) manually, I can take multiple pictures by depressing the shutter button every 0.3 - 0.5 seconds, and the camera doesn't seem to write to memory until I finished taking pictures. Taking as-fast-as-possible bursts shots isn't what I need either though, since I need to run other code between each capture.

So for example I would like to script something like this:

----------------

ML --some-option-to-set-up-camera-communication-and-get-it-ready-for-photo-taking (this can take a long time)

ML --capture-image --some-option-to-tell-it-not-to-write-the-file-yet (this shouldn't take longer than a few ms)
echo just took picture 1!
sleep 0.2

ML --capture-image --some-option-to-tell-it-not-to-write-the-file-yet (this shouldn't take longer than a few ms)
echo just took picture 2!
sleep 0.2

echo just took picture 3!

ML --some-option-to-end-the-capture-session-and-write-files-to-the-computer (this can take a long time)

-------------------

is there any way I can do this with ML or any other tool?

Francis

I think the key phrase here is 'doesn't seem to.' I would be surprised if images are not transferred to the card ASAP. It wouldn't make sense if you are trying to market high burst rates. The buffer is only so big and the faster you can unload data from the buffer, the faster you can capture more data.