Hi from india

Started by sarkarshomit, July 16, 2013, 09:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarkarshomit

Hi there everybody,

I have been a Canon user since long time...and why canon..because these cameras can be hacked and used with functions that dont come with camera....more bang for the buck paid...
I have used Canon Powershot SX20is for 2 years with the CHDK which i loved...but now sold it to upgrade to Canon 700D with 18-135 IS STM lens.

many may wonder why the 700D which is not yet having any ML versions ready to use...well this is India and in India u have to do many things which u dont choose for.

i was actually aiming for the 650D....which does have a Ml version as far as i have studied....but Canon sweetly decided to discontinue to promote its 700D...so shop keepers here are selling the 650D at ridiculous prices ...some even offered me a 650D for more than the 700D....

Funds tighter,,, and 700D a newer camera with the added better functions especially for HD video shooting..i went for it...

To be true...my camera is still in shipping...dont have it in had yet and i have done loads of study on it by now...

THIS IS MY FIRST DSLR !!!!

I am not a software guy so dont know anything about porting and stuff...but ya do know to follow instructions to install camera ML firmware.

So hope i am in the right place to start off with my new camera.

regards,
Shomit Sarkar

alhadm

Hi from India Shomit,

I am Alhad from Mumbai. And we have same camera-lens combo!
Curious to know how is your experience of using ML on 700D...
आल्हाद

sarkarshomit

Hi...sorry for replying after about a year as i did not return....yes,,,its now a year i am using 700D and have also purcahsed an added lens to my kit lens.
So now i have 2 lenses...
1. 18-135 IS STM
2. 50mm prime 1.4.
I am enjoying using both of them and i love my camera and its just fun to use it and a great amateur camera with added features of touch swivel screen.

arunthomas203

Hi from Arun, Cochin, Kerala, Software engineer by profession. I am an amateur photographer. I own a 60 D

sarkarshomit

Hi guys , just an update , I sold my 700D (body only) and have purchased a 70D, i am loving this one too, especially the speed in focussing , and the awesome wifi feature is a boon for a lazy guy like me who hates hooking up to a PC for transferring photos.   :D

Still learning the 70D and to my surprise that the ML version for the same is still under development  :(

DeafEyeJedi

and to help further development for the 70D -- perhaps you can install their alphas (preferably Alpha5b for now since Alpha6 has more bugs) and play/troubleshoot w them just like how most of us are doing?

Jump on board, stay calm and join the foam party!

8)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

sarkarshomit

Sure definitely, btw my firmware is displayed as 1.1.1 only ...no a or b or anything of that sort.

DeafEyeJedi

Try A and it will tell you if it'll work or to use B instead.

Won't hurt to try both.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109