[WONTFIX/IMPOSSIBLE?] Flash lights during bulb exposure

Started by ThLDQ, July 12, 2013, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThLDQ

Good evening everybody.
Would it be possible to add to the 7d version of ML the possibility to light up the internal flash one or several times ? It doesn't seem to me that this feature is already available, but I discover ML so please forgive me if I missed something  ;)
This feature would allow us to light up the foreground of a picture like the one below.
It would be great to add the option in the bulb mode : flash "Yes/No" ; if "Yes" number of flashes. I'm not sure that it would be usefull to have a variable interval between the flashes, just one long enough to allow the flash to reload.

Regards
Thierry

ThLDQ

No answer means that my request is a nonsense ?
Thierry

a1ex

I personally am not longer interested in flash photography, so you are out of luck.

Maybe someone else, but it's unlikely, since I don't even know where to start to trigger the flash.

Doyle4

What i do in these situations is charge up the flash, set M and play till i got the right flash exposure, during the long exposure i set it of by hand or either use a LED panel, results can be better than flash going off connected to the camera.

Stedda

Or use a flashlight as I suggested in your other post.. do a search on light painting. You're exposure can be very controlled.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3