Installing - magic lantern doesn't show when trying to run firmware update

Started by RTV, July 09, 2013, 02:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTV

I succesfully installed magic lantern a while ago on a few cards. and I am wildly happy about it...
now I am trying to install it on a 32 g  ordinary sd card. Card is formatted, and I unzipped ml to the root. Firmware is updated. When I take the card back to the camera to run firmware update the ml isn't recognised, only the canon firmware file... i tried a few times ... But I am tired, and have a shoot early in the morning and I'm not very technical (and shouldn't be in such last minute of cause)
What am I doing wrong ????
When I unzip the ml file to the card root, I as well unzip the autoexec.bin and thats it... ( right? nothing more to unzip...)

RTV

I have now as well run my card through the java thing to make sure it is bootable, but ml still doesn't load..

It is a 550 d...

drecart

I had a similar problem trying to install ML (stable) onto a 550D. Same card works on my 600D so I know it's not how I copied the files over.

RTV

If anyone has solved this problem please let me know... I would love to be able to use a 32g card with my 550 d, since it is a hassle to be on a shoot with 8 g cards...

Any suggestions appreciated....

gary2013