Crop Sensor Shooting in photo mode or live mode?

Started by rebelj12a, July 08, 2013, 08:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelj12a

Since Magic Lantern has access to the cropped sensor ability with RAW recording format. I was wondering if it would be possible to work in a way to shoot photos with a cropped sensor.

Just wondering if this is possible, been doing alot of anamorphic lately and having the ability to to have less vignetting would be nice.

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

rebelj12a

Well yes however it wouldn't be the same size image as a regular photo taken for pixel resolution.

Doyle4

Quote from: rebelj12a on July 08, 2013, 08:33:11 AM
Since Magic Lantern has access to the cropped sensor ability with RAW recording format. I was wondering if it would be possible to work in a way to shoot photos with a cropped sensor.

Just wondering if this is possible, been doing alot of anamorphic lately and having the ability to to have less vignetting would be nice.

Crop in photoshop :) dont be scared of doing it, lots of work arounds to make it look nice,

I had to take an image that i couldnt get too and had to crop and looked fine :)

"Fill your sensor, not a section of it"