Magenta lines in 3X mode

Started by deletedAcc.0021, July 08, 2013, 03:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deletedAcc.0021

Filmed a short video on a local beach today and used the 3X zoom function on several shots.  Normal day of filming, no issues using the latest nightly build ... until I got home to edit the footage.

Downloaded all the footage from the camera and proceeded to log the footage.  Mostly uneventful until I noticed that on all the shots that were zoomed in 3X, I had a magenta bar across the bottom of the monitor.  Approximately 2 mm thick and the full width of the video right at the bottom.

So I grabbed the camera and filmed several more short clips trying to duplicate the problem, and sure enough, all zoomed in footage displayed a magenta colored bar across the bottom.

I figured it must be a bad setting or glitch, so I started turning off features one by one and testing the footage.  No help, still had the magenta bar.  I even used a card without ML and used the zoom function from the canon menu.  Same problem.

Grabbed my second 600D and tried it ... same problem.

Then my kid ask why I was using Windows media player for .MOV files ..... guess what, they all play perfectly fine using QT or VLC. 

I was so close to posting screen shots on the forum for the devs to look into this ...... moral of the story ..... Try everything else before blaming ML.

1%

I've seen this on some 50D footage too.. I just croped it out.

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: 1% on July 08, 2013, 04:38:24 AM
I've seen this on some 50D footage too.. I just croped it out.

I think this was just an issue with Windows Media player.  It wasn't on the footage.  When I played it with QT or VLC it played fine. Also, no sign of it in Adobe Premiere.

I think mine was just a codec issue with WMP.

Update: I just exported some footage from Premiere Pro, the exported .MP4 plays fine in WMP.