Varying speed options for Digital Dolly feature

Started by senzazn12, July 02, 2013, 12:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

senzazn12

I love the digital dolly feature when using the RAW video option. Is there any way we can spice it up by getting varrying speeds of the digital dolly pan like "slow" "normal" and "extra fast"?

aaphotog

I always wondered, what does the digital dolly do?

hirethestache

Quote from: aaphotog on July 02, 2013, 01:17:19 AM
I always wondered, what does the digital dolly do?

It utilizes the 3x crop mode to pan the captured image from the left side of the sensor to the right/vice versa.
@HireTheStache
www.HireTheStache.com
C100, 5D3, 5D2, 6D

aaphotog

Quote from: hirethestache on July 02, 2013, 03:00:47 AM
It utilizes the 3x crop mode to pan the captured image from the left side of the sensor to the right/vice versa.
I still don't get it. So it records a real world pan, only a very short distance one(that doesn't require actually moving the camera)?

hirethestache

Quote from: aaphotog on July 02, 2013, 03:19:20 AM
I still don't get it. So it records a real world pan, only a very short distance one(that doesn't require actually moving the camera)?

I just made this simple animation to help give you a visual. Feel free to share:

https://vimeo.com/69522247
@HireTheStache
www.HireTheStache.com
C100, 5D3, 5D2, 6D

aaphotog

Quote from: hirethestache on July 02, 2013, 07:25:44 AM
I just made this simple animation to help give you a visual. Feel free to share:

https://vimeo.com/69522247
Thankyou for that. I take it you did NOT move the camera at all during the dolly, correct?
Also, would this work with 3x raw video mode or is it a photo thing only?
If it's for video as well, then I definitely will be trying it soon

hirethestache

Sorry, I should have made this more clear but this is for demonstration purposes only. I used a still image, but this is utilized with video.
@HireTheStache
www.HireTheStache.com
C100, 5D3, 5D2, 6D

a1ex

TBH, we can't get the entire horizontal range yet, only half of it.