Auto ETTR

Started by mSpider, June 26, 2013, 04:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mSpider

Hello All,
I don't want to get in trouble for asking, so I searched for some time before breaking down and asking...
Does Auto ETTR work on the 60D?
How well is it working?

Audionut

The ETTR module is in the builds uploaded here:  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6362.msg50078#msg50078

So I would say that yes, it is working.

mSpider

So you have a 60D and its working well for you?

Audionut

I have a 5D3 and it works well for me.  Does that count!

Modules are cross compatible for all cameras, that's why lots of things will eventually make their way into a module.  They work on all cameras the same.

In the time you've been waiting for an answer, and still waiting for one directly related to the function on a 60D, you could be out in the field using it and enjoying it's benefits.   ;)

mSpider

"This functionality has not been ported to all of the cameras.  For now the following cameras should have the AutoETTR function but this will have to be confirmed due to the all of the development work going on.  In some cases some features will be disabled to free memory or to trouble shoot specific problems.  So don't expect it to be always cooked into your firmware update.

5D3, 5D2, 6D

For the 650D, 600D, 60D, 50D, and 40D the work is still in progress.  Follow the progress on their own threads to find out if and when will the AutoETTR function will be enabled."

I haven't been able to find any mention of the progress made.
Is there anybody with a 60D that has used successfully the new Auto ETTR with the 60D?
I hear it works great on the 5DmIII.  I don't have that body.

brapodam

Quote from: mSpider on June 26, 2013, 07:00:16 AM
"This functionality has not been ported to all of the cameras.  For now the following cameras should have the AutoETTR function but this will have to be confirmed due to the all of the development work going on.  In some cases some features will be disabled to free memory or to trouble shoot specific problems.  So don't expect it to be always cooked into your firmware update.

5D3, 5D2, 6D

For the 650D, 600D, 60D, 50D, and 40D the work is still in progress.  Follow the progress on their own threads to find out if and when will the AutoETTR function will be enabled."

I haven't been able to find any mention of the progress made.
Is there anybody with a 60D that has used successfully the new Auto ETTR with the 60D?
I hear it works great on the 5DmIII.  I don't have that body.
I've been having it on my 60D for quite some time already, and it works well.

mSpider

Alright!
I'm very excited to try.
Which nightly build are you using right now?

brapodam

Quote from: mSpider on June 26, 2013, 08:36:22 AM
Alright!
I'm very excited to try.
Which nightly build are you using right now?
I'm using one of the hourly builds compiled for RAW video for 60D, here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kitzbmanifb6sf/qgkHzW3gn2

mSpider

mSpider

Okay, I think I figured out how to install it...