Lag in Live View!

Started by madinmumbai, June 20, 2013, 09:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madinmumbai

I am new to Magic Lantern having recently installed it on my Canon 60D.

I am facing this problem- There is a lag in Live View. Sometimes as much as 1 second. Is this normal? How does one focus in live view if the lag is there.

halbmoki

Do you have, by any chance, activated FPS override? If you lower the frame rate that way, it will directly affect liveview. If you set 1FPS, the screen will only change once every second which can make focussing very hard. Since these very low FPS values are mostly used for timelapse with a tripod, the best way to avoid it is focussing first and activating FPS override after everything is set.

If you don't use FPS override, I have no idea, what could cause such severe lag. The processor should be able to handle all functions of ML without slowing down that much.

1%

Display filter is on... or fps override.

Jakob_Lundberg

I have the same issue! It works just fine in HD and 2K, but the second i try switching over to shooting modes like 2.5K, 2.8K, and 5K anamorphic it keeps giving me a frame every half a second or so, and the image on the monitor is projected in bad quality. Does anybody have an explanation for this? I go on vacation next week and would love for it to work! I read something about display filters but cant find it in the menu. Where in the menu can i find that?

Thanks in advance!

Walter Schulz

- Necrophiling a thread gone for exactly 10 years!
- Not giving info about cam in use
- Not giving info about build in use

Please open a new thread.