Nightly builds with Raw recording support - General Discussion

Started by Audionut, June 11, 2013, 03:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafilms

Quote from: aaphotog on July 05, 2013, 05:30:10 PM
Alex, could it be in my Raw module settings?

Resolution: 2560x1090
Aspect Rattio: 2.35:1
Preview: Auto
Digital Dolly: OFF
Frame Skipping: OFF
Card Warm-up: OFF
Memory Hack: OFF
Small hacks: ON
Playback

Yes, this is the setting I need for my movies! Tell me if you can! I'm not good with software...

epyonxero

This thread has slowed down a lot. Has the latest build discussion moved somewhere else?

SteveScout

Good question .. there´s lots of open questions .. but I´m not sure if the developers are following.

Installed the build from August 21st .. everything seems to work - besides audio recording when shooting raw video. It just does not write a single wav file even if recording audio is enabled under the fps settings in raw video. Anyone has an idea how to get sound back?

Grifter

Can I ask and sorry if this has been addressed earlier in this or another thread.

When regular h264 recording
Has auto restart been removed from the latest build?
It wasnt working on the aug6 build , now i just cant find it under movie tweeks at all.

Also perhaps i should know this but why is the iso/kelvin set controls going off every time i press rec?

I know we are in alpha but these are settings i really need for work (and its nice to have raw there for the odd shot)

Thanks as usual

Audionut

Quote from: Grifter on August 26, 2013, 02:47:42 AM
When regular h264 recording
Has auto restart been removed from the latest build?

Yes it has.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/d49971f8b452581e6ae111753d3cee9b90856450

It wasn't working so it shouldn't be an option.  It would be nice if it was working, but with the current list of things todo, it's priority is very low.

Quote from: Grifter on August 26, 2013, 02:47:42 AM
Also perhaps i should know this but why is the iso/kelvin set controls going off every time i press rec?

Could you describe this better?

Grifter

Sure , thanks Audionut.
With my other cameras when I have the shortcut controls set to iso/kelvin and press (picture style on the 5d2 ) and disp on the crop bodies) it comes on and stays on.
With the new 5d3 when I activate it with the rate button, it only stays on until I press record at which point it dissapears and needs to be activated again by pressing rate again.
its basically not staying up on screen after rec

BTW is there any version of ML (even without raw) that auto restart works on 5d3?

Grifter

Actually i just realised there is a 30 min recording time limit compared to the 12 of old so no prob there.
Thanks to ML guys for all your work.
True catalysts.

ValentinDeluy

I confirm, audio recording with RAW video does not work.
I tried "Preferred card" ON and OFF
"FPS override" always ON : 23.976

I also tied going back to August 6th (32338f9) & then July 22nd(00ea74a) but still does not work.

I remember that it worked before and wrote .wav files to the SD card.

It is not vital for me but would be handy.

budafilms