Bigger files than 4GB and Raw2Dng workflow WINDOWS

Started by neopixel, June 11, 2013, 12:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neopixel

Hello everyone,

After searching for an answer to my problem on this forum, nothing for me worked so I had to create a new topic (sorry if that bother someone..) to see if someone had actually the same problem as me:

It has been impossible for me to process files bigger than 4gb with raw2dng, I've tried also other new softwares, nothing worked! I've been testing the RAW module since the early stages, only been able to convert <2gb.

Yes I've used the "seach" of the forum and yes I've been reading all the guidelines/tutorials.
I've downloaded the last build of today (uploaded an hour ago) as the last raw2dng (uploaded 5hours ago) here:
https://bitbucket.org/a_d_/magic-lantern/downloads

I'm on a 5D2
windows 7
64gb CF card (SanDisk) 90mb/s

I have absolutely no problem to process smaller files, but a little help here to make me understand what's going on would be trully appreciated!

Thanks a lot everyone!

iunknown

on a 5d mark 2 you are using fat32 so the files are split up.  You need to manually combine them using the command:
copy /b fileone.raw filetwo.00 outputfile.raw

you can search the forum/google for utilities that can batch combine the files.  Once they are combined you just drag them to the raw2dng.exe file you downloaded.

neopixel

Hi iunknown,

thanks for your reply; I've already tried this, with the command line and with file splitter & joiner 3.3, here's what happend:
I have two files: 3.99gb and 532mb
- with command line, nothing happens, maybe i am typing the wrong command but I tried my best after all the reading that i've done to do no mistakes!
- with file spliter & joiner 3.3, it joins the files, but the final .raw size is still 3.99gb! weird!

reddeercity

Hello  :)
I use 2 methods to combine the 4GB files
If i have more the 2 files not including the *.raw file , but the*.R00 file
i join them with Total Commander
Link- http://www.ghisler.com/amazons3.php
then you combine 2 files
(copy/b name.raw+name new_name.raw)
there will be no extension on the combine file from  "Total Commander" but still works without a extension
or (copy/b name.raw+name.r00+name.r01+name.r02 new_name.raw)
and of course that is done in the Windows Command Prompt
chick the  windows start tab & type "cmd"

I hope this helps  :D

Make sure you are using the latest "raw2dng"

edit : i just finish joining 6 files = 20GB or 7703 frames 1880x854 24p
with the above procedure 

chimp

Hello every one,

I take the opportunity of this post to come with the same problem but with the 5D MK3

I create a full files of more the 4GB, but tell me that the files is not a .raw compatible on ether raw2dng and RAWMagic :(

Do I do any thing rong? Any one can help me with my problem?

Thanks a lot...

Best regard.

5D MK3
KomputerBay 64gb
Mac 10.8