Camera Crash (due to card)

Started by carlostrator, May 31, 2013, 07:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlostrator

So i had may 29th build on my Canon 5D MIII, to test some raw footage. Everything working just fine.

Today i had a very important job call (fot stills) and i wanted to remove ML, because I need to be with a very safe firmware and my fast cards are still shipping for better tests.

First, i tried to format the card in camera, but i got this error message:
"Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again."

Then I switched to a card with autoexec, ML (so i could boot) with Canon's official Firmware 1.2.1 and updated it. Everything worked fine, but my card with ML could not boot and the camera just became a brick until i get the battery off to reset it.

I tested with the card I had formated and worked fine, so I formated the card with ML (fat32) and set DSLR bootable via MacBoot, but It doesn't work at all and keeps crashing the camera, forcing me to reset it.

When I insert the non working card, the camera reads it (red light goes on) even before the camera is on (maybe because my flag is on? I don't really know if the flag is kept with the removal of ML by updating the firmware). I also can't format it with the camera because it crashes before I turn it on.

Tried reseting computed, formating to exfat, etc...

Appreciate any help.

Both cards are SD SanDisk Extreme 32gb.

Thanks a lot

carlostrator

I Achieved a solution:

With the card door opened, i kept down the pin that turns the camera off when the door opens, turned on the camera, switched cards with the non working one, formated it with Canon software and it was ready to use.

Strange that formatting it from computed and set it bootable to dslr's by macboot didn't worked. The camera checks the card even before I turn the camera on.

carlostrator

Quote from: Audionut on June 01, 2013, 05:38:47 AM
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#how_do_i_uninstall_it

http://www.magiclantern.fm/bestpractices

The thing is, I formated the card from the camera and it gave me an error just after that. I figured only cards with ML were able to boot (did a test to be sure).

I updated the firmware, so I could use cards without ML and be able to do a job without risks, but the card that had ML kept crashing the camera, even after format.