Wouldn't I Like To... Short Film

Started by kazizaman, May 22, 2013, 03:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazizaman

The video is set as ''Unlisted'' as it will be released officially on Friday 24th May 2013 and screened on the same day at my college.

My first attempt at a psychological horror. I am a college student from England, in my first year of Media Production BTEC Level 3. For my enrichment project, the class were told to write up a treatment for a 2 minute horror film. The film cannot contain graphic violence, nudity or profanity. Knowing these restrictions, I began to write up my treatment and out of the 4 stories selected, mine was chosen to be made into a film. I was influenced by films such as Kotoko, Stoker and Berberian Sound Studio.

Synopsis
Through the eyes of a psychopathic school girl who yearns for blood. She conceals her true self by wearing her uniform perfectly, sitting up with her back straight and pretending to listen to the teacher. Inside, she feels empty, dying of starvation, the thirst for a killing.

I shot using Magic Lantern ISOs ranging from 50-200 at a shutter of 1/50s and 25fps with the bitrate set to CBR 3.0x

Camera: Canon 550D

Lenses: Canon 18-55mm f3.5, Canon 50mm f1.8

Tripod: Manfrotto MVH502A

Audio: Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone, Zoom H4n

Firmware: Magic Lantern v2.3

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Red Giant Magic Bullet, Audacity

Other equipment: Track & Dolly, Rode Boompole