RAWanizer - windows batch generation of video files from RAW

Started by marten, May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted ramasola

sorry, when I edited my post I deleted the word NO.

I meant to say;

In the folder that I choose there is NO files generated or extracted also.
Did I miss a procedure?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

marten

Strange. Is the video file created if you run the same raw file manually with a command prompt? Does it say 'done' as the last thing when you run it manually?

pacman829

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 03, 2013, 12:00:29 PM
sorry, when I edited my post I deleted the word NO.

I meant to say;

In the folder that I choose there is NO files generated or extracted also.
Did I miss a procedure?

I only got those issues with cineform when i changed the command line from -422 to -444 to see if it would generate a 4:4:4: file ... but it didnt .. lol

Anyhow, check to see what the command line says ,
5mkII User

EOSHD

I think that is because 444 needs Go Pro CF Studio Premium and it can't find it installed, only the free version - but it doesn't give an error, it just carries on and doesn't produce a file at the end.

pacman829

Quote from: EOSHD on June 04, 2013, 12:23:07 AM
I think that is because 444 needs Go Pro CF Studio Premium and it can't find it installed, only the free version - but it doesn't give an error, it just carries on and doesn't produce a file at the end.

Exactly , I just thought i'd try it anyhow to see what would happen

5mkII User

marten

Quote from: EOSHD on June 04, 2013, 12:23:07 AM

That is the behavior of the Cineform tool and nothing I can change. The message 'aborted by user' is mine and misleading, I have a hard time to distinguish between user closing window and program error. Will change the wording of it later.

ebutka

Alright guys, I'll take any help - please!!

I've read this entire thread and can't get RAWanizer (V.0.4.3) to work.

I'm using a 5D MK3 @ 1920x1080. One file is 1.57GB the other is 3.99GB.

I downloaded  and installed QT7 and GoPro Cineform Studio.

I load the 2 RAW files in the window, click "no video" and click start.

Both files start and then instantly fail. Thats it, no other messages.

I try any combination of buttons and nothing works.

ebutka

marten

For cineform to work you need to also need to install the utility tool described in this post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5479.msg41378#msg41378 (This link is in the first post)

Then the setting 'No video' means no video, so no video will be created. Only dng will be extracted. This is also explained in first post.

For Cineform to work, you need to choose 'proxy video'. This was stated a few posts back. Of course this all requires the Cineform tools have been properly installed as described in the link above otherwise it won't work.

Good luck.

1%

XDcam still fails. Other than that it looks to be working and with the multi core ffmpeg too.

marten

Quote from: 1% on June 04, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
XDcam still fails. Other than that it looks to be working and with the multi core ffmpeg too.

I can only get it to work at 25 fps. If anyone has a good parameter setting for making XDCAM files with ffmbc, I will gladly incorporate it.

Also, do you have a link to the ffmpeg release you are referring to? I have tried a newer version but then I couldn't play the resulting video.

marten

New version is up. Link in first post.

-Meta data for raw file is shown.
-Optionally show first, middle and last thumbnail for raw file before processing.

I have made a lot of changes to the code an UI, therefore don't expect too much stability in this version ;)

KahL

This is an INCREDIBLY useful software! Loving it so far and doing a test with today's footage :)

platu

I agree... It makes for quite a streamlined workflow.  Thank you for doing this... much appreciated.  :)

KahL

There are a few issues though.

I always tend to adjust the highlights, whites and color correct from Adobe Camera Raw before I want to create a usable video file. I started messing with the custom DNG option, which doesn't use the parameters from ACR, but instead it's own UI. However, the UI is extremely confusing. I would adjust the highlight recovery option and sometimes the highlights would dip down and other times the entire gamma of the image is affected. You cannot adjust the blacks specifically, only the gamma and then sometimes the slider (to the right) increases the exposure and other times (to the left) it decreases. Then other times, it does the opposite effect.

It's very confusing overall. Is there a way to use ONLY the ACR settings (which I setup in Bridge) and not the custom DNG "Build" UI settings? It's incredibly imprecise and I won't be able to use the DNG files the way they're meant to be (unless we're just doing this to batch convert solely).

marten

I understand your frustration with the color corrections. From the beginning the conversion from dng to tiff was added to get a fast lower quality proxy file with preset setting that user could not change. Then I decided to make a GUI to the conversion settings. The problem is that I only reuse dcraw program to do the conversions so I have to use what parameters dcraw gives me to adjust. These settings are not compatible with ACR or any other software. So RAWanizer will never get the same functionality that ACR has. I will try got make it a little bit better soon, but there is not so much I can do without doing another raw converter which is not my intention.

In the first topic and a later post I tried to describe different workflow solutions based on different needs http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5557.0http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5557.msg41488#msg41488

1%

Lol, ACR causes expo shifts... but maybe dcraw too? I saw some when conerting.

IliasG

Quote from: 1% on June 06, 2013, 05:14:05 PM
Lol, ACR causes expo shifts... but maybe dcraw too? I saw some when conerting.

Dcraw does a kind of exposure correction by default, depending on the histogram (histogram stretching .?). You have to use -W to for a fixed White Point

KahL

So I seem to have created a proper CC cocktail that works [for now] for a DNxHD transcode. I'm sure I'll change it more as time goes by, but so far this matches my custom settings in ACR.

6/6/2013
-b 1.0 -o 1 -H 9 -6 -g 2.2 20.0

Is it also possible to have proxy jpeg alongside the option for proxy tiffs?

marten

New version 0.5.1 is up. Link in first post.

New version 0.5.1
-automatic merging of split files (>4Gb) (there is a setting under file tab where you can choose to write to the original RAW file. This is faster, cleaner and the result is just one single RAW file. But if something fails along the way you probably end up with at corrupt RAW file, so use with caution, preferably a backup. If not checked it will create a new RAW file with prefix 'M-' and the originals will still be there, safer if you have no backup)
-some more options for dcraw conversions
-now possible to save more than one custom preset for dcraw, Cineform and video output.

godweeno

I just got a 50D.  This workflow looks good.  I'm going to give this a try tonight.  I'm looking to go from Rawanizer to LR to PP.

1%

I tested v5.. its looking much better.

Still has some bugs:

*After first encode, can no longer add to process queue... it just goes to town on all files.
*Sometimes saving settings doesn't work... ie pro-res reverts to ffmbc
*The audio file causes evil with dnxhd + media player classic, it only plays the "audio" back like there was no video, vlc and wmp ok.
*MXF is still not working, lol. F this codec anyway
*If that first encode errors out it doesn't redo it... just goes to town extracting the rest of the raw files
*frame rate should come from the clip... I don't want 25fps and I'm sure you don't want 24fps

So far DNXHD + pro-res are the most usable intermediate formats. I like the new thumbnail stuff too.

You also default for everyone as if they had 8 core intel... they may not... I have 4 core AMD... its annoying to hunt down all instances of 8 and change to 4 or in some cases its 2 threads per core and I can't remember... was this 8 or 16 threads before and did I save it.

Thats all I found so far in the limited time I have to process media right now.

marten

Quote from: 1% on June 07, 2013, 07:46:40 PM
*After first encode, can no longer add to process queue... it just goes to town on all files.
*Sometimes saving settings doesn't work... ie pro-res reverts to ffmbc
*The audio file causes evil with dnxhd + media player classic, it only plays the "audio" back like there was no video, vlc and wmp ok.
*MXF is still not working, lol. F this codec anyway
*If that first encode errors out it doesn't redo it... just goes to town extracting the rest of the raw files
*frame rate should come from the clip... I don't want 25fps and I'm sure you don't want 24fps

So far DNXHD + pro-res are the most usable intermediate formats. I like the new thumbnail stuff too.

You also default for everyone as if they had 8 core intel... they may not... I have 4 core AMD... its annoying to hunt down all instances of 8 and change to 4 or in some cases its 2 threads per core and I can't remember... was this 8 or 16 threads before and did I save it.

0.5.2 is up where I tried to fix some of the bugs you found. Sorry for that. Framrate can now be used from camera.

evanamorphic

I'm getting some very strange results with the 50D and the RAWanizer + CineForm combo. Going from DNG to CineForm RAW works just fine, not sure what's causing this.

nandoide

marten, a lot of thanks for this software!!!

I found several bugs related to refreshing parameters on last version 0.5.2: the changes of the settings don't reflect inmediately on processing. For example, if I change the video mode with the combo, and I have videos selected on Source panel, the program don't refresh the video settings and the conversion takes place with the old selected settings.

Sometimes the workaround is change settings prior to select the video.

The checks on File label exhibit the same behaviour.