5D2 RAW video Builds 14-Bit

Started by a.d., May 20, 2013, 05:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mageye

Quote from: silvertonesx24 on June 11, 2013, 10:42:23 PM
Is there any way we can save our settings in the raw module? It's great for experimenting now but for practical use it really would be beneficial to set up my preferred settings (rec button, resolution, sound sync beep on) and not have to reset them on each boot.

I totally agree. It's a nightmare every time the card is taken out to check out the footage on the computer and then having to go through the laborious process of setting up a RAW module settings. And if you need to quickly record something its near impossible if you have to go through the settings again. ::)

The ability to be able to save the settings is very important and really hope that we see something soon.

Also I just thought I would also applaud the noted increase in speed performance in writing! YAY! :D
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

scarimbolo

Quote from: Doyle4 on June 11, 2013, 09:28:10 PM
Got same problem  :-[ im using an older version that works great and also use RAWmagic which is nice indeed, iv noticed theres things you can do to get the latest RAW2DNG working but ill be honest and say i dont know much about terminal and how to code it to work, going to stick with old version and latest RAWmagic for now as there working great so far :)

I'm jumping around my desk writing this. Just downloaded Version 0.9 and it finally works after 2 entire days of trial, failing and raging! Thank you for your suggestion, you saved me!

Doyle4

Quote from: scarimbolo on June 12, 2013, 12:03:07 AM
I'm jumping around my desk writing this. Just downloaded Version 0.9 and it finally works after 2 entire days of trial, failing and raging! Thank you for your suggestion, you saved me!

No problem dude!! glad i helped you out! dont like knowing people are missing out on the best ML ever so far  ;D

Doyle4

Could this post be pinned at top by any chance? its going further and further down the page each day  :P i like this section as its where i get my latest's beta's  ;D

Cheers

ch_d

I have problems with my external SmallHD DP4 monitor. The recording preview frame is off ... In the camera it is on the right place.
5D MII

Doyle4

Sorry for abit of a noob question..

Is the Alpha one for 5Dmkii the same as latest modules but all combined into one download?

sorry if this reads wrong im bad at grammar, what im trying to say is if i download the latest modules (12th June) and replace old ones is it the same as just downloading the full alpha one?

Cheers,

Doyle

a.d.

5D2 Alpha One is a complete editon for beginners. The main idea is to create a starting point package.
For update just download the update build like before.

Doyle4

Quote from: a.d. on June 12, 2013, 06:24:57 PM
5D2 Alpha One is a complete editon for beginners. The main idea is to create a starting point package.
For update just download the update build like before.

Thanks a.d. ill carry on the way i have before then, cheers  :)

ralf4u

I've got it ... 600 MB RAW file. But now I start raw2dng for WIN and the cmd-window appears for a short time. Nothing with drag-and-drop. It's late and I'm tired. Please spend me some ideas what's going wrong.

Thanks.

ralf4u

a.d.

noix222

Any ideia why in the newest build's when i use the 5x i cant see the white frame anymore.. it was so useful to me! it is something that i can customise?

edit: i can record 70mb/s always in 5x but in normal mode it goes around 68 67mb/s only is that right ? ?  im with fps override 24 all time...

david.p.livingston

Hey Guys,

New to the Forum, but have been messing with the new raw function since it first went live. I'm getting weird magenta shadows wherever the camera is dealing with Moire in the latest build (6/12). Anyone else seeing the same?

guentergunter

On my 5D2 and with (2013/06/10)-build I was able to record at 1880x800@24,00fps until my Sandisk Extreme Pro (UDMA7) was filled up (32GB).
The write rate differed between 59MB/s and 62MB/s; so the buffer filled slowly (but didn't reach the top, before the card reached it's end).

A new Lexar 32GB 1000x arrived today. With it and the latest build (2013/06/12) I'm now able to continously record at 1880x854 @ 25,00fps!
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

ted ramasola

Using jun 12 build posted by a.d  I made chart tests to check the centering and framing of cropped raw recording.
The preview image using ML grayscale is low res and pixelated, but using a res chart to guide in centering and framing I made these measurements.
This might help ML programmers in making corrections for crop mode preview.

resolution:            Offset in pixels:  ^=up   <=left

2152 x 1078          46^  12<
2048 x 1078          49^  9 < 
1920 x 1078          69^  9 <
1880 x 1058          69^  1 <
1880 x 854            17^  2 <
1728 x 972            58^  5 <

I've done the tests twice and some of the offsets would vary by 2-7 pixels so the results I averaged.
The vertical offset is bigger, the horizontal is a bit negligible, I hope this can still be tweaked to make this feature more usable.

below are 2 frames from the test to show the offset framing.
1728 x 972

1880 x 852
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

bonyfacii

Hello everyone! my English is very bad, so I write a google translator) At the forum, I was a novice to yet I do not programmer, but I've tested all assemblies for 5dmII. Virtually all builds (except 5/19/2013 and 5/31/2013) I see a strange artifact - a green dot on the bottom left of the screen closer to the center. at the latest build it too is (a4ed372144). strange, but praised the latest build, it turns out that it only bothers me (maybe someone knows what this is? problemmy with my equipment?

andyshon

Yesterdays build (a4ed3721fc44) has a small negative impact on speed for me. I've lost approx 1-2 MB/s compared to 1222c61e8120. Great to have record back on the set button. And no more magenta previews in finder, at least not for me when using RAWMagic b4 on Mac OS 10.8.3.

tepelstreeltje

Hi There! I am trying to install the latest release from two days ago, but it won't install! It goes from the first firmware update screen to blank! Then I have to take the battery out to reboot again... I don't get it.

I have had a previous ML installed which is ML-5D2-unified-2011Dec22-EarlyPreview for capturing HDR video. Now I have not used this for a long time and figured, let's install a new ML for capturing RAW!

It just won't install. Anyone have had this problem and how do I install it?

Thanks!

edit: My current firmware version is 2.1.1 because I needed that for my previous ML

Doyle4

Quote from: tepelstreeltje on June 13, 2013, 12:56:00 PM
Hi There! I am trying to install the latest release from two days ago, but it won't install! It goes from the first firmware update screen to blank! Then I have to take the battery out to reboot again... I don't get it.

I have had a previous ML installed which is ML-5D2-unified-2011Dec22-EarlyPreview for capturing HDR video. Now I have not used this for a long time and figured, let's install a new ML for capturing RAW!

It just won't install. Anyone have had this problem and how do I install it?

Thanks!

edit: My current firmware version is 2.1.1 because I needed that for my previous ML

Remove ML from ur camera, upgrade to 2.1.2 and then go back to page one on this topic and download the 5D Alpha One :)

tepelstreeltje

Doyle4

Doyle4

Nice update guys for the x5 and x10 framing  :D

is x3 possible on 5D mkii at all? sorry if this has been mentioned else where.

Cheers

Doyle4

Oops my bad, Framing has been known as an issue in x5 and x10... fast reading for you ha. But save feature is good  ;D

bonyfacii

in the assembly "ee3385aa13bd" green dot is: (it's a small problem, but I hope it will correct)

pravdomil

Next release!

Playback frame skiping! Fast preview. Dynamic interface coordinates. Mask box updated to recording frame, now with no flicker. Restored frame skipping. Some module credits.

https://bitbucket.org/pravdomil/raw_rec.mo/downloads/raw_rec.mo

ted ramasola

Quote from: pravdomil on June 13, 2013, 05:33:06 PM
Next release!

Playback frame skiping! Fast preview. Dynamic interface coordinates. Mask box updated to recording frame, now with no flicker. Restored frame skipping. Some module credits.

https://bitbucket.org/pravdomil/raw_rec.mo/downloads/raw_rec.mo

This is good development. Question; Is this update based on the jun 13 build which also allows settings to be saved?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas