6D - Install guide and raw shooting.

Started by noisyboy, May 20, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random

So how about losing resolution using the dualISO process. Is it still worth the result?

I like shooting 1536x658, could I also do that in dualISO or does it also affect the possible resolution in continious shooting?
EOS 6D  -  EOS 650D  -  EF 24-105mm/4 IS L  -  Sigma 50mm/1,4 EX  -  Kenko 1,4x MC4 DGX

Exile

Hey noisyboy thanks for this handy tutorial!

Q: if i wanted to test the new dual iso ML can i just simply follow your tutorial and replace the ML thats put on in step 13?

1%

I don't think there is much resolution loss. It shouldn't affect transfer rate but post processing work-flow might be annoying.

leothelion

Hey guys,

Does this look right?

The quality of the image is coming out like this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/sqes.png/.

When I import it to raw2dng here is what I get.
Once I drop the RAW file it looks like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/0143.png/

Then during the process it looks like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/f2o8.png/

Then at the end it looks like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/4dm.png/

I installed ML on the 6D as described here.

széna

Hi Guys,
I'm in trouble... :(
I try to install ML to my 6D but I jammed at STEP 7! :(
I put the sd card and I try to update the firmware but camera say:

Update file cannot be found.
Please check the memory card reload the battery and try again.

I do everything when noisyboy wrote (formated card, I copy the files: folder ML, file 6D-112.fir and autoexec to the route directory etc...)

HELP ME PLS!

THX!
-széna

noisyboy

Quote from: Exile on August 16, 2013, 07:12:32 PM
Hey noisyboy thanks for this handy tutorial!

Q: if i wanted to test the new dual iso ML can i just simply follow your tutorial and replace the ML thats put on in step 13?

Hey bud! You're welcome! Sorry but I've been so busy filming the last month or so that I still haven't tried any of the cool dual iso stuff out for myself yet so one of the other guys might have to answer this as I need to do lots of catching up :) In fact last time I checked it wasn't available for the 6D it's been that long! Does this work now 1%? Cheers man!

noisyboy

Quote from: széna on August 18, 2013, 07:53:20 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm in trouble... :(
I try to install ML to my 6D but I jammed at STEP 7! :(
I put the sd card and I try to update the firmware but camera say:

Update file cannot be found.
Please check the memory card reload the battery and try again.

I do everything when noisyboy wrote (formated card, I copy the files: folder ML, file 6D-112.fir and autoexec to the route directory etc...)

HELP ME PLS!

THX!
-széna

Which firmware version do you currently have installed dude?

széna

Quote from: noisyboy on August 18, 2013, 08:02:06 PM
Which firmware version do you currently have installed dude?

I didn't updated firmware - so I have 1.1.2

I made STEP 4, it's OK. But that's all.

Thank you for your quick answer noisyboy! :)

noisyboy

No problem man  8) Let me just re-download my zip file and I'll be right with you...

noisyboy

széna

noisyboy

Quote from: széna on August 18, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
SanDisk 64GB ULTRA 30MB/s

That might be your problem. Do you have a card that isn't 64GB?

széna

Quote from: noisyboy on August 18, 2013, 08:26:15 PM
That might be your problem. Do you have a card that isn't 64GB?

uhhh... no, but I will buy tomorrow.

noisyboy

Quote from: széna on August 18, 2013, 08:30:55 PM
uhhh... no, but I will buy tomorrow.

Just buy a super cheap 4GB card or something just to do the install. I'm pretty certain that using the 64GB card is your problem man :) Good luck!

széna

Quote from: noisyboy on August 18, 2013, 08:32:41 PM
Just buy a super cheap 4GB card or something just to do the install. I'm pretty certain that using the 64GB card is your problem man :) Good luck!

OK I will!
Thank you very much!

1%

noisyboy

Exile

Quote from: noisyboy on August 18, 2013, 07:58:42 PM
Hey bud! You're welcome! Sorry but I've been so busy filming the last month or so that I still haven't tried any of the cool dual iso stuff out for myself yet so one of the other guys might have to answer this as I need to do lots of catching up :) In fact last time I checked it wasn't available for the 6D it's been that long! Does this work now 1%? Cheers man!

Filming is good :) Thanks for your reply. I was not sure if I had to downgrade the firmware or if I could run the dual iso version on 1.1.3
so now I simply leave it to1.1.3 and replace the ML folder and the bin file?

noisyboy

To update magic lantern to the latest build simply replace the files on the SD card with the latest from 1%'s Bitbucket (at the top of the list and will have [6D] in the zips file name). No need to change your firmware unless you are currently on version 1.1.2 if you are on 1.1.3 just replace files :)

Exile

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm not quite used to this pre Alpha stuf, I have only ran
2.3 on 60d but now i'm kinda used to the extra's ML brings :)

széna

Quote from: noisyboy on August 18, 2013, 08:32:41 PM

Hello again!
So, I bought an 4 GB card and I can "install" ML on my 6D! :)
But... :(
There is something problem I think... At button Q - ML menubar is gone - it's OK. But if I set raw video the 6D go crazy. ML send lot of messages and this box not gone. It's cover half of screen and infos are flashing and I can make only 1-2 second long raw videos.
The red card reading light is flashing constantly too. is it normal?
Finally I have err 70 message and I have to switch off my camera.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130819/422121288image_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

RTI

Quote from: széna on August 19, 2013, 12:37:52 PM
Hello again!
So, I bought an 4 GB card and I can "install" ML on my 6D! :)
But... :(
There is something problem I think... At button Q - ML menubar is gone - it's OK. But if I set raw video the 6D go crazy. ML send lot of messages and this box not gone. It's cover half of screen and infos are flashing and I can make only 1-2 second long raw videos.
The red card reading light is flashing constantly too. is it normal?

I think your card is not that good (if you've used that 4GB) to support raw recording. You'll need to use a fast SD card.
The reason to use a 4GB card was for the sole purpose of installing ML on your camera, you'll need to prepare another card with all the files specified.
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

széna

Quote from: RTI on August 19, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
I think your card is not that good (if you've used that 4GB) to support raw recording. You'll need to use a fast SD card.
The reason to use a 4GB card was for the sole purpose of installing ML on your camera, you'll need to prepare another card with all the files specified.

I used 4GB card only for "installing".
I formated my 64GB ultra sandisc (30mb/sec) to try making raw videos.

széna

Quote from: RTI on August 19, 2013, 01:55:47 PM

What is the highest resolution and bit rate what can I set in safe for making raw videos?

RTI

Quote from: széna on August 19, 2013, 03:06:10 PM
What is the highest resolution and bit rate what can I set in safe for making raw videos?

Hi,
you might want to take a look at this chart - http://blog.planet5d.com/wp-content/uploads/Twitter-_-autoexec_bin_-Updated-raw-chart-still-need-....jpg

You need a card that is able to write data @45Mb (a Sandisk extreme is recommended) - 1592*896 is reported to be continuous  @24p
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD