5D Mark ii won't boot after successful install

Started by SammyOtt, May 24, 2013, 05:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyOtt

Hello,

Yesterday, I downloaded ML to my Mark ii. I followed the instructions carefully and it said it installed successfully. I restarted my camera as instructed, but now the sensor appears frozen. The LCD is just a black screen and I can't flip on the live view mode. I can, however, access all of the menus, including the magic lantern menu. It does take pictures still, oddly enough, and I can view them in the playback section. I've also tried using a memory card without ML, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

SammyOtt

An update on my endeavors. I did some research and found that you should use a Canon battery upon installation of ML. Unfortunately, I used an off brand because it was completely full at the time and know ML recommends using a fully charged battery. I tried switching out a now fully charged Canon battery and turning on the camera with a memory with and one without ML on it, but still no luck.

Andy600

Things to check:

1) Do you have the correct Canon firmware installed
2) are all the magic lantern files on the card

If you are on PC you can use the EOScard utility to make ready the card with a working copy of Magic Lantern

You need a card under 64gb to instal Magic Lantern
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

SammyOtt

Thanks so much for your help, Andy.

I just figured out what was wrong. After clearing the settings prior to installation, I didn't return all of them to their normal settings. So, as foolish as I am, I didn't have it set on Live View mode. What a twist. Everything is back to normal.

Sorry for wasting your time and taking up space on the forum. I appreciate the help regardless!

Andy600

You're welcome Sammy :)

You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to not have LV enabled. It's always the simplest things we overlook :D Glad you're up and running!

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com